If you’ve made it to the third week of Bible study then we know there is a HIGH probability you’ll finish the entire study- congratulations! You’re 30% through this course! Most women who drop out or quit their study do so in the third week. It takes 21 days to create a habit of study and investing in your relationship with God. Let’s discuss our reading assignment for WEEK THREE of “Believing God” by Beth Moore.
“The Word of God is our only plumb line. Maturing in the Word takes time, effort, and spiritual understanding, but keep in mind the process is as valuable as the end result.” Beth Moore
This week your miracle theology is challenged. You may agree or disagree with the lesson based on your religious denomination. Some churches believe in modern miracles while others do not. My local church is nondenominational and we believe in miracles, but the pastors do not openly preach sermons on modern miracles. We pray and expect an occasional miracle sighting, but not to the level of expectation as a charismatic or pentecostal churches.
Join our small groups this week and share your personal miracle stories and dreams. We are a non-judgmental community of women who love and serve the LORD.
Assignment For the Week
- Calendar your study time and small group time. Use a reminder alarm on your cell phone.
- Pray before you begin reading. Ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart to wisdom.
- Select a small group day and time that fits your schedule. Arrive to the private Facebook group for the one hour meeting.
- Read Week Four: Believing You Are Who God Says Your Are in your workbook
- Read Romans 4 at least two times this week, in a translation of your choice.
- If you are listening to the audio cd’s or watching the videos, watch Session Four, available through Lifeway (not required for participation in the study)
Discussion Questions- Answer in your small group or post a comment below
- Miracles theology is diverse within different church denominations. As Beth shared in our reading assignment this week, some religions believe in modern miracles while others do not. You may roll your eyes when someone says “It was a miracle!” or you may lean in closer to hear the entire testimony and decide for yourself. Have you ever experienced or witnessed a miracle in your lifetime? Briefly share your story.
- If miracles reveal God’s glory (see John 2:11 and John 11:40), why do we often turn away or distrust their validity today?
- On page 59 Beth Moore writes, “We are challenged to believe God’s Word over what our eyes have seen. The lack of supernatural intervention could very well be a result of our stronghold of unbelief.” If you experienced or witnessed a modern miracle how would that impact your faith? (Remember, we learned not to demand God prove Himself through miracles and signs).
- God is revealing Himself in modern times through dreams. If He reveals Himself to you in a dream would you doubt or believe? Why?
- Do you know someone who needs a miracle of healing? If we agree together to ask for the miracle, do you believe God can do what He says He can do? Share the first name and the miracle you are asking for so we can pray beside you. Be BOLD in asking….be STRONG in faith…present your petitions to God. Please remember to respect the confidentiality of the women and not share the prayer outside of this private group.
Write this miracle prayer on your heart. Join with the Holy Spirit and BELIEVE in the miracle. Ask for divine intervention and an improbability so great that only God can orchestrate it. Revive your faith when you revive your prayer life and BELIEVE GOD can do what He says He will do.