Congratulations, you’ve just completed the workbook “Anonymous: Discovering the Somebody You Are to God,” by Cindi Wood! You’ve now identified your new name and new identity in Christ…that’s a reason to celebrate! We had a beautiful Scripture verse to remember this week: “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” Matthew 11:28-30 (Message)
Cindi Wood teaches, “Whatever your chapter of life at the moment, quiet yourself enough to hear God’s holy rhythm. Keeping time with His tempo will help you maintain a steady and relaxed lifestyle.” Keep in mind your rhythms of grace will look different than mine, Cindi’s or your ministry leader. Together with Jesus you create your own strong, regular, repeated pattern of movement or sound. It might be through your worship, prayer, Bible study, devotional time or ministry- uniquely yours and identifiable through the Holy Spirit alone. Pay attention and see if you can identify it this week. As Christians, we’ll see and hear our own rhythms of grace through a Christ-centered heart. Look for the simplicity of it.
This is an exciting week because we get new names! When I imagine the Lord’s name for me on our first day of the week six study, the name “Lovely” came to mind. We discussed this in my local leaders group on the weekend and the name rooted in my heart. What does it mean to be called “Lovely?” I watched a “Lovely Womens Conference” two years ago and I’m reminded of how lovely we/I am to God. How about you, what name did you write down on page 180 in your workbook? Post a comment below and share the personal name you imagine God has for you.
I’m deeply grateful to the ministry leaders who’ve shared their hearts with you each week. Please take time to thank them when you see them online. They’re dependable and committed women who desire to minister to others online. When they’re unable to lead due to an emergency or sometimes a crashed wifi and Internet, they’re scrambling behind the scene to find a replacement leader in their absence. These women love Jesus and they love you too!
Bible teacher Cindi Wood and her team have been praying for you these last six weeks. Please visit her Facebook page or Twitter page and become a follower. If you really want to make her day…take a photo of your Anonymous workbook and post it on her Facebook page for fun! 🙂
ASSIGNMENT FOR THIS WEEK
- Join a small group this week
- Post a book review for Cindi Wood on Amazon. She currently has 35 positive reviews and your opinion is valuable when you click here.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR THE WEEK
- We’ve learned that our names are no longer Judged, Hurting, Ordinary or Shame. Which new name are you claiming: Forgiven, Joyful, Hope-filled or Beloved Daughter of the Living God?
- How has God made a way for you or given you courage in a trial? (Day 2, page 186)
- Imagine yourself meeting Jesus just like the women we studied. How would you respond when meeting Him? What question would you ask Him?
- What did you find most interesting or most convicting during this six week study? Would you recommend the Anonymous study to a friend? Why or why not?
- What improvements would you suggest for future online studies so we can assist you more?