Welcome to online Bible study at the Womens Bible Cafe! We’re discussing Week One from the book Covenant: God’s Enduring Promises by Kay Arthur. It’s not too late to join this online Bible study, our small groups are open attendance and everyone is invited to participate! If you want to register for the study please CLICK HERE.
This week we studied “In Covenant with Him” and our lessons included:
- Covenant Beginnings
- A Saving Covenant
- Covenant Love
- As Sure as God Himself
- Covenant Works
Broken promises. Shattered dreams. Heartbreak. Pain. So many mixed emotions spring forth from our hearts when someone breaks a promise to us. When I think of the word covenant, the first thing that comes to my mind is the sacredness of the marriage covenant. Our society today does not take the covenant of marriage seriously. Divorce is on the rise at a staggering rate daily. The whole family is affected when the covenant of marriage is broken. The pain is excruciating and almost unbearable. Some people have even committed murder because of the broken covenant of marriage. One sin leads to another and another until it snowballs out of control. But there is good news!
Take a look at the front cover of your Covenant workbook. There are two interlocking rings, that have no beginning and no end. God is the beginning and He is eternal. The good news is when we are in covenant with God, His love surrounds us with no end, and the bond cannot be broken no matter how hard we try. God does not break His covenant promises to us. But because of sin in the world, we do. My marriage covenant was broken. I thought it would be forever. I didn’t see any warning signs. I could have let this brokenness destroy me, but God had other plans. His love surrounded me with no end, and He healed me with His covenant promises, and all I had to do was trust Him and have faith that He would heal all wounds. And He did just as He promised. Everything God does is based on covenant, and He wants us to be in covenant with Him.
Kay Arthur says, “you are going to be thrilled and overwhelmed with what it truly means to belong to God, to be born again; to be forgiven and saved; to have the Son of God, Jesus Christ, living within you–all because of a covenant cut for you. This study is very personal, “all about you” in a healthy, biblical way!” Take a moment now and pray to God. Ask Him to reveal to you what He wants you to know through this study of Covenant. He is the God of truth, the alpha and omega, and by studying His Word diligently each day, you will discover for yourself nuggets of truth to hide in your heart forever.
ASSIGNMENT FOR THE WEEK:
- Join a small group and fellowship with your fellow Bible students! We meet in this Facebook group. Send a request to “join group” and we will approve it: http://www.facebook.com/groups/WBCchatroom2/
- Basic Study: Complete week 2 in the Covenant workbook, about 20-30 minutes each day.
- Optional due to cost: Watch session 2 video or listen to the audio and follow along in your workbook on page 37.
- Write a prayer of praise to God for what He is revealing to You from His Word. (Write this in the margin of your workbook).
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR THIS WEEK (answer in small groups or post a comment here)
- What did you discover about God from marking the word “covenant?”
- What do you think of when you see a beautiful rainbow in the sky?
- What does it mean to you personally to be in covenant with God?
- Did you find marking key words in Inductive Bible studies to be helpful, confusing, or just plain too much work? How has it helped you? How has it hindered you?