Thank you for joining me in another online Bible study for women as we discuss Children of the Day by Beth Moore. We’ve finished reading week six in the study guide called “Mobilized For Ministry.” As Beth reminds us, if you are a child of God then you have a ministry and are called to serve Christ. You may be called to minister to one, or minister to many. The number is not as important as the calling.
Don’t be confused by your calling.
When I look back at my calling, I see how God has continued to change my path, yet never the destination. I can never see to the finish line, because only God knows when I am finished. Meanwhile, I look for fresh directions and follow his navigation system.
Often in business we are taught to create the vision, map the plan and reach the goals. Yet Scripture tells us…pray, then trust God. If you can hear Him speak to your heart, you have all the direction you need. Let God lead.
I think we have so much pressure from the world to follow a certain model or role, that when God calls us we are looking for complexity rather than simplicity.
When your calling is fueled by pride, then you are self-serving rather than God-serving. There are many examples of this in the Scriptures. Stripped of pride, you will accomplish more for His Kingdom than you will for your own. Pray often, listen, and follow where God leads. Negativity, bitterness, unforgiveness and resentment destroy callings. Don’t allow Satan to put these thoughts and words into your mouth. Pray constantly for a pure heart centered on God’s will.
ASSIGNMENT FOR THE WEEK
- Read Week Seven and Eight in your workbook.
- Join a small group this week!
- OPTIONAL: Listen to Audio Session Nine or Video Session Nine (optional due to cost)
- Visit Beth Moore’s blog for a Summer Bible Study update
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR THE WEEK (share answers in small groups)
- Notice the words on page 143: “No one else can fulfill your calling.” Other people can do what you’ve been called to do, but they cannot be you doing it. Did you get any insight in your calling for this season? If so, what?
- What do you look like when you love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength? (page 145) What do you want to do most when you’re filled with that holy fire?
- What have you enjoyed most about the study since we started?