Welcome to Children of the Day online Bible study! We’ll be following the Summer Bible study from Beth Moore as we dig into this amazing study of Thessalonians. Over the next several weeks we’re going to learn how to join together as a body of believers, living as children of the day who press back against the darkness of the enemy. We’ll learn to claim our ground, fight from victory, and unite together in Jesus name.
You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 1 Thess. 5:5 NIV
WELCOME MESSAGE FROM WBC LEADER SHARON LEWIS
ASSIGNMENT FOR THE WEEK
- Write a letter to God on the inside cover of your workbook. Put today’s date inside your book and tell Him where you are in your life right now, and where you hope He leads you during your study of Children of the Day.
- Read Week One in your workbook.
- Join a small group this week!
- Download the answers to the viewer guide (look under “free downloads”)
- OPTIONAL: Listen to Audio Session One or Video Session One (optional due to cost)
- Visit Beth Moore’s blog for a Summer Bible Study update
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR THE WEEK (share answers in small groups)
- Share in a sentence or two why you could really stand to be in Bible study this summer. Maybe it’s that you’ve never been in one before. We would be elated! Or maybe it’s been a long time. If so, this is a great time and place to come back home to the heart of Jesus. Maybe you’re just hoping to get to know Christ a little better. Or, perhaps you’re interested in particular subject matter that appears on the pages of 1st or 2nd Thessalonians. On the other hand, maybe you especially need to be in the Scriptures because you have extenuating circumstances that could really challenge you this summer. What’s motivating you to get into the Scriptures with us this summer? There are no wrong answers!
- BONUS question (optional): WHAT IS A QUIRK OF YOURS?? Come on, now! Tell us!
- What time management methods do you use for Bible study?
- What advice would you give to someone brand new to Bible study?
Welcome to Bible study!