Join us for women’s online Bible study as we discuss week eight from He Is My All by Debbie Alsdorf. We learned in our reading this week that God’s love changes us. As you mature spiritually you’ll experience more and more of this love. Open your hearts to Him..and be changed! As Debbie writes in her book, “Every day God allows us to make choices. The most important choice each day is walking in His Spirit.”
When we are self-focused, we walk in our own limited vision. We see what others want to see in us. We live people-pleasing lives rather than God-pleasing lives. We focus on posture and rules rather than love and relationship. Yet Scripture tells us we can be renewed and transformed. As we continue to LOOK UP and seek His will, we change our focus to Jesus.
Do you desire to be transformed into the Fruit of the Spirit?
Is it your will to become clay in the Potter’s hands?
Are you attending too many pity parties and not enough praise parties?
Change begins when you say “Not my will but Your will.” It’s letting go of unbelief and resting in the peace of Jesus. Allow Him to be the center of your thoughts and actions.
Psalm 84:5 NLT says” What joy for those whose strength comes from the Lord, who have set their minds on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem.” What pilgrimage is your mind set upon? Are you on the victim pilgrimage? Revenge pilgrimage? Achievement pilgrimage? Or does your pilgrimage lead to the Lord?
Pause and pray…..
Assignment For This Week
- We are discussing weeks 7 and 8 in small group this week
- Please read lesson 9 and 10 in the workbook
- Join a small group session this week
- Register for the Beth Moore Summer Bible study “Children of the Day”
Discussion Questions For the Week (answer here or with your small group)
- What is a pity party? How do we recognize the beginning signs and what can we do when disappointment or discouragement cloud our thoughts? (wk 8, day 1, p135)
- Did you create a list of things you don’t like about yourself this week? Were you surprised by some of the items you listed? The first list is all the things you don’t like about yourself, the second list includes things that you can change. How do you feel about facing that list? What happened when you prayed over your list? (wk 8, day 1, p133)
- Were you uncomfortable with the topic of discipline and change this week? Share your thoughts on what you learned during the study.
You are loved!