Online Bible study for women is rich in God’s Word and life application. We’ve been reading and discussing God’s love, using the workbook He Is My All by Debbie Alsdorf. She has a unique writing style as we are encouraged to write our scripture verses in our own handwriting or to personalize them by inserting our own name into the verse. In this fifth week of online Bible study the message is very clear: You Are Loved!
You Are Loved…when your family or friends are critical of you.
You Are Loved…when you miss an assignment or fail to reach a goal at work.
You Are Loved…when you lose your temper, gossip, or curse unintended words.
You Are Loved…when you are diagnosed with an illness or caring for a family member in need.
You Are Loved…when your world is falling apart and you are on wobbly knees.
As we learned in our study this week, You Are Loved… not because of who you are or what you do; rather, you are loved because you are His Daughter. God saw your unformed body (Psalm 136:16) and ordained your days, even those days when panic sets in and you don’t want to go on. You are loved by Him and for Him. The unconditional love of the LORD is gifted to you when you accept Jesus as your Savior.
When you are loved, your heart overflows like a filled glass of water and you spill out that love to others. You want them to know Jesus and to experience the same joy-filled heart. You can’t be silenced…you can’t be separated from God. His love is nourishment for a thirsty soul.
When your heart makes room for God’s love, you are not shaken in this world. You are confident women of faith, secure in your identity as a Daughter of the King.
As Debbie Alsdorf suggested this week, find a childhood photo and place it inside your Bible or workbook. Of follow her example and put the photo in a frame on your mantel. Remind yourself that you are a child of God each time you look at that photo.
Assignment For This Week
- We are discussing weeks 5 and 6 in small group this week
- Please read lesson 7 and 8 in the workbook
- Join a small group session this week
- Register for the Beth Moore Summer Bible study “Children of the Day”
Discussion Questions For the Week (answer here or with your small group)
- Colossians 1:16 says – “For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.” How will by Him and for Him affect the way your live today? (Day two, page 82)
- Romans: 37-39 says “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” How does knowing that nothing can separate you from the love of Christ give you confidence in His love for you? (Day Three, page 86)
You are His and you are loved!