Welcome back to womens online Bible study as we discuss Week 9 of our Beth Moore David bible study. We are 90% finished with this study and God is still moving. If you are behind on the study, do not worry. Give yourself some time during the weekend or one night this week and you’ll be moving forward and making progress. Our next study does not begin until April 7th so you have ample time to complete this study before we being a new online Bible study at the Womens Bible Cafe. Let’s discuss week nine from David….
Do you remember history class in school? I never was a fan until I went to college and a professor told me that it was important to remember and celebrate our history so we can learn and remember from where we had come.
Over the past 8 weeks we have been studying the scriptures and reading, maybe for the first or second time, the story of David, whom the scriptures say was a man after God’s own heart. Through these past weeks we have seen the history he has had with God, and what a history it was! We have read about David’s high times and low times. We read about how he sinned against God, and upon realizing his sin, repented and cried out for God to forgive and restore him. We have read about him crying out to God to help him through his trials. A great history lesson it has been
About a week ago, I was having the biggest, and best pity party that ever was. I was allowing the enemy and my circumstance to get me down, and almost to give up. Thru reading this lesson, I began to remember my history, personal history with God. You see when I was faced with my situation a week ago, I had forgotten my history with God. I began to remember how God had been my protector, my healer, my problem solver, my rock, my friend when I felt I had no one and my provider. He blessed me over and over and over again. These memories instantly stirred up a praise in my spirit and a song on my lips. I realized I needed to recommit myself to God because He has been so committed to me over our 42 year history. I began this re commitment by saying “God You are my healer, You are my Savior, You are my way maker, You are my provider, I trust You, apart from You I can do nothing. I love you!” Have you reviewed your personal history with God lately?
Reflect on this scripture with me, Philippines 4:19, “But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”
So I challenge you to review your personal history with God. Remembering how He has sustained you, saved you, and protected you will certainly lift your spirits and leave you energized in Him!
Our Prayer Wall is the place to reach out with your prayer needs and praise reports. Please visit the page and pray for those people who are asking you to lift them up in prayer. Pray for the leaders of this study and the women in your small group.
Assignment For The Week
- Read Week Ten: David, Seeking a Heart Like His in your workbook
- If you are listening to the audio CD’s or watching the videos, watch Session Eleven, available through Lifeway.com (not required for participation in the study). To download the videos- CLICK HERE
- To join a Facebook small group- CLICK HERE
- Register for the next online Bible study when you CLICK HERE
Discussion Questions For the Week:
- Do you remember a time you wanted to run and hide from an old enemy? How did God bring you thru?
- From page 209 – When and how has God been a refuge when you felt like everyone needed more from you than you could give?
- From page 200 – Why do you think people are unwilling to get involved when they see someone in need or when they witness a crime?
- Finish this sentence, I am committed to God because. ………
- From page 208 – Imagine a book recording your history with God, things He has brought you thru, seasons you have experienced. What would be the title and one chapter in the book?
I look forward to meeting you here next week!
Have a Blessed week my Sisters in Christ!
Sonya Morris Nelson