If you are getting started and this is our first online Bible study then you will want to read this. Below are some of the answers to the most common questions about online Bible study.
Books and Workbooks for Online Bible Study
- If your workbook has not arrive yet, you will have time to catch up on the reading. The first week of small group is an introduction session and we are not discussing the book yet. The second week of small group is when we discuss your reading assignment.
- The workbook has 5 daily lessons and there are 7 days in a week. So you have two extra days to catch-up if you miss your daily lesson.
- Often the books are printed as trade books and Bible study workbooks. We use the Bible study workbooks, also called “member book.” When you order the item the product description will say MEMBER BOOK.
- You are responsible for your own workbook. We are a 100% volunteer ministry and our leaders buy their own workbooks for study. We do not buy books for you.
- Some women like to put a coil edge on their workbooks, or have the spine removed and then they put the book into a 3-ring binder.
- If you are international, you will need an electronic version of the workbooks. You can find free reading apps from Lifeway- CLICK HERE.
Bible Translations for Online Bible Study
- Please use any Bible translation of your choice.
- In the front of each workbook, on the copyright information page, the author has listed the Bible translation she is using for the workbook.
- When you are filling in the blanks and have a different Bible translation than the author, use an online Bible to assist you. Try BibleGateway.com, Bible.com or BlueLetterBible.org
- We are non-denominational and our leaders and guest use a variety of translations for online Bible study.
Video Sessions for Online Bible Study
- Video sessions are copyrighted material, just like the movies you watch on DVD. It is illegal to share these videos online.
- The videos are optional for online Bible studies. You can find them by attending local church Bible studies or purchase the videos for individual use.
- To fill in the video sessions of your workbook, you can find “Answers to the Viewer Guide” at Lifeway. Look under Leader Kit, support materials.
Small Groups For Online Bible Study
- Our small groups currently meet via Facebook. This is a private Facebook group and only the members of the group can the group content. You need to request to join the group and one of the leaders will approve your request.
- You will select your own group based on your schedule. The schedule is posted in our facebook group.
- On the day you want to attend the small group, you will visit the private facebook group and look for the group photo. The leader will post a photo with the day and time of the meeting, and the discussion will take place right under the photo.
- All groups have open attendance, so if you miss a group then you are invited to attend another group during the week. The group discussions start Monday and end Sunday. We start a new set of discussion questions on Monday. Each group has the same questions so you only need to attend one group meeting per week.
- The leader will post questions and allow time for everyone to answer and participate.
- Small groups last one hour.
- After the first small group meeting, the leader will take attendance and create a list of the members. She will pray for you during the week.
- This is what the small group leader photos look like
- When you see this photo in the Facebook group, you will see the leader start introductions and the discussion right under the photo. It’s exciting and fun! If you stay with the same group long enough then you will discover friendships as you study and pray together.
- To join a facebook group, visit our ministry page and look for the “chatroom” links: http://facebook.com/womensbiblecafe
Odds and Ends For Online Bible Study
- We alternate long studies with shorter studies. So if we are leading a 10-week study then we often follow with a 6-week study.
- If you are not interested in the current study we are leading, then consider some of the other online Bible studies offered by ministries such as Girlfriends in God, Proverbs 31 and Precepts. We encourage you to attend a local study such as Bible Study Fellowship or Community Bible Study.