David Online Bible Study Starts Today!

By January 5, 2014David

Welcome to Womens online #BibleStudy as we begin our study of David, Seeking a Heart Like His by Beth Moore. This week as we embark on this exciting journey of the life of David; our emotions are gleefully excited! To top that off, we are just six days into a brand new year. We have 500+ women around the world participating in this online Bible study.

It’s not too late to join us, to register just CLICK HERE.

davidbiblestudy2

I encourage you to take a moment to breath and take it all in. Building excitement regarding studying God’s Word every day is going to reap us some very positive results.

Planning for your successful completion with this study is vital as with planning for any special journey.

As women, we take careful time to successfully plan for our vacation getaways. We process these thoughts sometimes months in advance. Our outfits, along with all the accommodating accessories are perfectly coordinated. Thoughtful time is invested in the shoes we are going to wear as well as the handbags or shopping bags we will tag along for our comfort.

In planning for any successful trip, three things or vitally important: first, knowing the destination; second, the plan according to how we want to execute our desires in the most fulfilling way; and three, what results or memories we want to have after the trip is over.

God wants us to have these same successes for a lifetime with Him. As you begin this journey, ask yourself: have I properly planned for the success of this journey with God?

Aside from all the new highlighters, pens, new journal, member workbook, and your Bible of course; how have you prepared your heart? This is a question that requires time, attention, and honesty. Ask God today to show you how to cultivate a heart that truly seeks His desires. Seek Him with all of your heart, soul, and mind over the next 10 weeks. Expect Him to show you things that no eyes have seen, no ears have heard and neither have entered into the human minds! God has great things in store for you! Trust him to take you on an excursion of a lifetime! Let us hear from you what you are expecting God to supersede, for you, on this journey of “Seeking a Heart Like His.”

Our Prayer Wall is the place to reach out with your prayer needs and praise reports. Please visit the page and pray for those people who are asking you to lift them up in prayer. Pray for the leaders of this study and the women in your small group.

Assignment For The Week

• Write a letter to God on the inside cover of your workbook. Put today’s date inside your book and tell Him where you are in your life right now, and where you hope He leads you during this study.
  • Pray before you begin reading. Ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart to wisdom.
  • Begin reading Week One: David, Seeking a Heart Like His in your workbook
  • Download the Answers to the Viewer Guide from Lifeway when you- CLICK HERE and look under “support materials”
  • If you are listening to the audio CD’s or watching the videos, watch Session One and Two, available through Lifeway.com (not required for participation in the study). To download the videos- CLICK HERE
  • Read the Getting Started page when you CLICK HERE
  • To join a Facebook small group- CLICK HERE

Discussion Questions- Answer in your small group or post a comment below

1. Tell us one or two things you love about where you live.
  2.  Briefly describe your ideal/dream Bible study environment.
  3. Have you selected the time of day, evening, or night in which to journey through the 30-45 minutes to complete your daily homework assignments?  If so, please tell us when & where.
  4. Share with us at least 3 things you can do right now to embrace a fresh new heart with God’s Word.

LaTanya Knight

Author WBC

Find online bible studies for women at the Womens Bible Cafe. It's also a place where you can meet other Christian women from around the world and fellowship together. If you're unable to a attend a church small group bible study then the Bible Study Cafe is just right for you! Look under "Current Studies" to see what we're reading. Bring your book and let's study the Word together.

More posts by WBC

• Patty says:

We live in Minnesota! I love the amazing green spruce, pine trees all year long and the beautiful lakes, running and biking trails!! It’s so good to be outside!

My ideal bible study spot is in my room with the fireplace on. I love this quiet space where there is time to reflect. I also love the living room where I can look outside to see the beauty around me as well!

I love to study in the early morning..but with our three busy teens I will study anytime I can!

Three things that I am doing to gain a fresh start with God’s word is prayer everyday, reflection and journaling.

• chantell78 says:

1.The only thing to love about where I live is the low cost of property. Well wait, and I am blessed to live in the cleanest, safest, most predominate area of this bankrupt city.
    2. I have never considered my ideal Bible Study environment. I enjoy Bible Study in a Congregational setting, small group setting, and individual.
    3. I have been studying by beginning my study in the morning and concluding it in the evening. I have chosen to study in the kitchen so that my family can see me study the word of God 🙂
    4. Three things I can do right now to embrace a fresh new heart with God is 1) Stay focused 2) Be consistent in my study 3) have a level of expectation from the study

• chantell78 says:

Perhaps I should be more positive. Though I hate the city I live in, southern California definitely has it perks 🙂

• Sheila thomas says:

I never got the book I search the nook and the book look different

• Jessica Saeki says:

-Tell us one or two things you love about where you live.
    Living in Tokyo, I love having my husband’s huge extended family near by, and the food is amazing.

-Briefly describe your ideal/dream Bible study environment.
    Ideally, I’d say a small ground with a few close, committed people/friends where we can get together, read God’s Word, discuss what it means, and really share openly with eachother.

-Have you selected the time of day, evening, or night in which to journey through the 30-45 minutes to complete your daily homework assignments? If so, please tell us when & where.
    I’ll be working on it during the early evening at home, during my time of relaxation.

-Share with us at least 3 things you can do right now to embrace a fresh new heart with God’s Word.
    For one, committing to getting into this Bible study; two, I’m planning on keeping a Bible verse from the study with me each week; and three, sharing what I’m learning with my husband and family as we pray at dinner every evening.

• cindy6210 says:

I live in the Midwest, about an hour from St. Louis on a farm that has been in my husband’s family for years. I love the peace and quiet of the farm. My ideal Bible study location would be on my porch on a sunny warm day but since that isn’t possible right now I will settle for my recliner in the living room. I think the evenings after dinner will be my study time. Looking forward to the seeing how this online study works. I’m hoping that there will be a lot of open, honest participation.

• Gena says:

I live in Arizona and the best thing is the weather! Most days are filled with blue skies and warm temperatures.

My ideal Bible study environment would be a small group of women getting together to talk about the Bible and life stuff.

I plan on working on this study when I get home from work each weeknight. I will study in my computer room/ office.

I have gotten out of the habit of talking with God and studying His word, so I think my main way to embrace a fresh new heart is to get back into Bible study.

• DeeDee says:

From Las Vegas, Nevada
    My first online study, but have studied several Beth Moore studies with other women’s study group here in the valley. Looking forward to this study. i love where I live because I can see the mountains where ever I am throughout the valley. An ideal study area for me would be outside on a nice patio/flower setting. Time: Ten to noon is a good time for me.
    Three things: 1. Write out scripture that ministers to me in this study. 2. Pray to invite a friend to join me. 3. Be in expectation of God’s Wonderment daily.

• Paige says:

Tell us one or two things you love about where you live.

I live in Longview, TX, and I love it because God has blessed us with a great church that is perfect for us. I just feel like this is where God wants me right now, and I think God has done nothing but bless us since we’ve been living here! But as for the not so spiritual things, I like Longview, because it has plenty of shopping and restaurants, and it’s not too big, not too small!

Briefly describe your ideal/dream Bible study environment.

I guess my “dream” Bible study environment would be outdoors and away from the city. I think the solitude of the natural surroundings help me to calm down and listen to God.

I have a crazy schedule, but I’m going to mark a special time each day in my day planner for the quiet time. It’ll have to fluctuate just because my schedule varies so much! I will probably do my study at the dining room table or in my bedroom.

My 3 things:
    1. I’ve invited a few friends to join me in the Bible Study.
    2. I can write out a verse each day to think about and meditate on.
    3. I can communicate with other members and ask questions!

• Sheila says:

I have already started reading week one ! Will attend the small group tonight at 8 !

• Susan Fox says:

I live in Scottsdale AZ, I love living here number 1 because of the weather, it is sunny almost everyday and if I want to see the change of seasons I can drive 2 hours north and see the snow, lilacs, mountains, aspens, pine trees etc. The second reason I love living here is it reminds me of how Israel would look, I feel like I am in the desert part of my journey with the Lord, just like the Israelites were, I can look out and see palm trees with the mountains, and the clear night sky with the stars. I will love this journey in this bible study to see where the Lord will take me. My perfect bible study environment is outside on my patio in the morning.

• Mary Jones says:

Just happy to start this and try this online format out.

• Paola says:

I don’t have the workbook yet just the reading book what is week one assignments.

• That’s fine, when your workbook arrives then catch up with the reading assignments.

• Paige says:

I think a lot of people probably got the wrong book, because in the description of the Bible Study, it wasn’t clear that we needed the “Workbook” and not the regular book. Also, the Workbook has the same exact title and cover as the regular book, and when I went to Lifeway, I just picked up the only book I saw with that title. It seems like they should be more clear about that! But thankfully, we have those questions and answers on the Lifeway website, so it’s not a big deal. <3

• We have been telling people over and over to get the Member book..and they are not listening 🙁 We have even linked the book directly to Amazon and Lifeway from our website, we have explained the difference between trade books and workbooks and still they are confused. This happens most often when they believe they are saving money and attracted to the free David book the David “booklet” or even the David Leaders book…

On the Lifeway and Amazon website it clearly says MEMBER BOOK so I pray that the women will look for those exact words before ordering a book.

• Carla Brooks says:

I’m so excited to begin this study. Congrats LaTanya!!