Welcome to Womens online #BibleStudy as we begin our study of David, Seeking a Heart Like His by Beth Moore. This week as we embark on this exciting journey of the life of David; our emotions are gleefully excited! To top that off, we are just six days into a brand new year. We have 500+ women around the world participating in this online Bible study.
It’s not too late to join us, to register just CLICK HERE.
I encourage you to take a moment to breath and take it all in. Building excitement regarding studying God’s Word every day is going to reap us some very positive results.
Planning for your successful completion with this study is vital as with planning for any special journey.
As women, we take careful time to successfully plan for our vacation getaways. We process these thoughts sometimes months in advance. Our outfits, along with all the accommodating accessories are perfectly coordinated. Thoughtful time is invested in the shoes we are going to wear as well as the handbags or shopping bags we will tag along for our comfort.
In planning for any successful trip, three things or vitally important: first, knowing the destination; second, the plan according to how we want to execute our desires in the most fulfilling way; and three, what results or memories we want to have after the trip is over.
God wants us to have these same successes for a lifetime with Him. As you begin this journey, ask yourself: have I properly planned for the success of this journey with God?
Aside from all the new highlighters, pens, new journal, member workbook, and your Bible of course; how have you prepared your heart? This is a question that requires time, attention, and honesty. Ask God today to show you how to cultivate a heart that truly seeks His desires. Seek Him with all of your heart, soul, and mind over the next 10 weeks. Expect Him to show you things that no eyes have seen, no ears have heard and neither have entered into the human minds! God has great things in store for you! Trust him to take you on an excursion of a lifetime! Let us hear from you what you are expecting God to supersede, for you, on this journey of “Seeking a Heart Like His.”
Our Prayer Wall is the place to reach out with your prayer needs and praise reports. Please visit the page and pray for those people who are asking you to lift them up in prayer. Pray for the leaders of this study and the women in your small group.
Assignment For The Week
- Write a letter to God on the inside cover of your workbook. Put today’s date inside your book and tell Him where you are in your life right now, and where you hope He leads you during this study.
- Pray before you begin reading. Ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart to wisdom.
- Begin reading Week One: David, Seeking a Heart Like His in your workbook
- Download the Answers to the Viewer Guide from Lifeway when you- CLICK HERE and look under “support materials”
- If you are listening to the audio CD’s or watching the videos, watch Session One and Two, available through Lifeway.com (not required for participation in the study). To download the videos- CLICK HERE
- Read the Getting Started page when you CLICK HERE
- To join a Facebook small group- CLICK HERE
Discussion Questions- Answer in your small group or post a comment below
- Tell us one or two things you love about where you live.
- Briefly describe your ideal/dream Bible study environment.
- Have you selected the time of day, evening, or night in which to journey through the 30-45 minutes to complete your daily homework assignments? If so, please tell us when & where.
- Share with us at least 3 things you can do right now to embrace a fresh new heart with God’s Word.