One Word 2014

By December 30, 2013Misc
oneword590

oneword

Please join us at the Womens Bible Cafe as we embark on the One Word journey. Instead of making new year resolutions, the concept of One Word is to select a single word for the year. You’ll choose just one word and focus on this word all year long.

Selecting One Word for the year is personal and unique to you. Don’t let a friend or family member choose it for you, find the word yourself. Once you make the decision to choose One Word for 2014, then your heart and eyes will be open for it. You’ll seek the word and it will find you.

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Matt 7:7-8 NIV

Pray about your One Word. See if you start noticing a theme or repeating word, something that jumps out at you or sticks to your side like glue. Be observant of your surroundings and look for your one word for 2014. You might find it in a day or two, or you might find it in a few weeks. Start looking and see what you find.

If you want to dig deeper into this unique One Word experience, I recommend reading the book One Perfect Word by Debbie Macomber.

This year my One Word is “Devoted.” I will begin with a scripture study of the word, praying daily on how to apply to word in my life. I am very excited to see where this word leads me in 2014.

If you have One Word for 2014, please share it by posting a comment below.

Happy New Year!

Comment using your Facebook Account OR scroll to bottom of page and comment using your email

• Pat Bojinoff says:

My One Word is Restored. I started with restore. But God is already in process of restoring areas of finance, health and times alone with the Lord. i pray by years end these areas will be restored.

• Teresa White says:

My word is strength. I have never done a One Word before. Thank you!!

• osylvia says:

Resurrection:

the act of causing something that had ended or been forgotten or lost to exist again, to be used again, etc. (www.m-w.com).

Synonyms- reanimation, rebirth, regeneration, rejuvenation, rejuvenescence, renewal, resurgence, revival, resuscitation, revitalization, revivification

Many areas of my life were being drained to near extinction. This is a year of resurrections!

• Carolyn Williams says:

Intimacy!

• Stephanie says:

Restoration

• Pastor Yolanda Thomas says:

My one Word is Wholeness…..I will focus on my wholeness in Christ, not because of something I have done but all because of what He has done. Not because of who I am but because of Who’s I am…..No matter what anyone tells me I am Whole!

• Lynne says:

Today as I meditated on my word RESPECT, I was led to look through the Book of Romans. I found much about how to look at yourself and measure your true value, how to look at others, how to get along with others, relationships in general, and finding value by following the guidance of the Lord. I will study this book slowly. I will use an easdy to read “translation” type of bible written for teens to begin my study. I want to study the spirit of the message in this Book and not get hung up in the technical or theological aspects of the Book.

• Judy Kennedy says:

I have chosen the word “renew” as my One Word for 2014. This is my first time on such an interesting adventure. I am looking forward to what the Lord teaches me through this One Word this year.

Thanks for joining the discussion!