Wonderstruck Online Bible Study Starts Today

Sunset

Welcome to the Women’s Online Bible Study as we begin Wonderstruck by Margaret Feinberg.  We have over 400 women from around the world participating in this adventure. This will be an incredible 7-week journey through the Wonders of God’s glory, power and deep love.  My prayer is that you would find a renewed passion for the Lord and experience a greater understanding of His loving presence in your life.

Sunset

We’ll be using the Wonderstruck workbook (sometimes called member book) with the white cover.  Each lesson should take about 30 minutes a day, five days a week.  We encourage you to pray before you begin each lesson, and only read one session per day. In the back of your workbook you will find the Wonderstruck Journal, where you are encouraged to write three wonders of God daily during the seven weeks of study.  If you want, you can write these into a Spiritual Journal. You will also find six Scripture Memory Cards in the back of your book, which are to be memorized on the corresponding week. Video sessions are available for download from Lifeway.com, they are optional and not required for online study.

Create a daily appointment with God, and don’t let anything pull you away from intimacy with Him. A good plan is to read each morning Monday through Friday, allowing the weekend to make up any lesson you missed during the week. Keep your study time simple and free from distractions.  You may find that keeping everything you need in one place will help you stay motivated.  I have a basket with my Bible, workbook, journal, pens, highlighters, reading glasses and post it notes.  If you are new to Bible study and don’t own a Bible yet, then use one of the many online versions at FREE sites such as BibleGateway.com or YouVersion.com or you may want to read this article~ How to Shop for a Bible

You are invited to participate in small group discussion via Facebook, or here at the website.  To participate in a discussion here on the website, you will answer the questions below by posting a comment. The first week our small groups will have introduction sessions, where you’ll meet your leader and co-leader, as well as the other women in your group. You’ll have the option to connect with an accountability partner if you desire this for your Bible study.We’ll explain how the small groups function and help you get started in online Bible study.

Please note that the first week of study, the small groups are quite populated! Many women will visit the groups to “see what it’s about” and might visit more than one group during the week. The timeline will move VERY FAST during the first week and might challenge you or frustrate you. This only happens the first week….then the small groups adjust in size and the conversation is easier to follow. During the first small group meetings, you might need to refresh your computer screen F5 to keep up. You can always go back later and re-read the timeline for your small group or jot down the prayer requests. Mobile devices are not recommended, please use a computer to access the small groups if possible.

Our Prayer Wall is the place to reach out with your prayer needs and praise reports. Please visit the page and pray for those people who are asking you to lift them up in prayer. Pray for the leaders of this study and the women in your small group.

Assignment For The Week

• Write a letter to God on the inside cover of your workbook. Put today’s date inside your book and tell Him where you are in your life right now, and where you hope He leads you during this study.
  • Pray before you begin reading. Ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart to wisdom.
  • Begin reading Session One: The Wonder Of Divine Expectation in your workbook
  • If you are watching the videos, watch Session One, available through Lifeway (not required for participation in the study)
  • To join a Facebook small group- click here.

Discussion Questions- Answer in your small group or post a comment below

1. In your own words, how would you define wonderstruck?
  2. What takes away the wonder of God in your life? (example: busyness, responsibility)
  3. What renews the wonder of God in your life? (example: birth of a baby, walk on the beach)

Are you ready to be Wonderstruck?

Comment using your Facebook Account OR scroll to bottom of page and comment using your email

• Danielle Wilkinson says:

Wonderstruck, to me, refers to those moments when I experience joy and excitement and curiousity beyond understanding. Those moments that time seems to slow so that I can fully experience the majesty of God’s world. It’s sad but I let myself become so distracted by being a wife, mother, and teacher. I get caught up in trying to make my own way that I get distracted from the wonderful things God can and is doing in my life. But recently I gave birth to my first child. She is AMAZING and everyday, when I look into her eyes, or kiss her toes, or hear her coo, or see her smile, I am reminded of the wonder of my God who had her life ordained from before the time he created her in my womb.

• Julie says:

Wonderstruck to me is when I am amazed by what I see God has done. It feels me with a desire to know him more.

I have allowed things to pull me away from the wonder of God through listening to their negativity, pessimism, anger and letting the bad things that happen pull me away from God.

I feel renewed by God when I see what he has created, the job and peace, nature and truly happiness in the world.

• Kathleen Gripper says:

I describe being “Wonderstruck” as seeing things that you thought were impossible and could never possibly happen to you, actually happen. There has to be a spiritual hand in it and that hand is God. He is full of wonders and miracles.

I’m enjoying this class because it requires that you reflect on the “Wonders of God” on a daily basis. It also directs you to scriptures where you find the “Wonders of God” has always been since the beginning of creation and it increases your faith in knowing there will always be wonders.

• missy2u says:

I am having such a glorious time in this study, week one down and I feel like I’m walking on air. I’m really enjoying how she (Margaret Feinberg) put this study together and the Scripture reference.
    Thanks Christine…

• Jo ann says:

New to online study. Just received my books yesterday. Enjoying the online comments.

• Susan Werner says:

I often find myself wonderstruck when I think of all the things that surround me in nature. When we travel to a foreign country or if I visit a new place that is so beautiful, it takes by breath away. These gifts from God make me wonderstruck.

Sometimes, I allow myself to become consumed with worry, about my family or my students. As someone said earlier, we forget to breath and stop to take in all the things that God has given us.

I have a renewed wonder of God each time I look into the eyes of my husband and son. I feel renewed when I awake to a beautiful sunrise and when I see a rainbow after a fresh showering rain. I believe God puts these feelings on our heart, so that we do not lose touch of what he has provided for us.

• Courtney M says:

1. For me Wonderstruck moments are those when I feel God’s presence around me.
    2. I lose the ability to be Wonderstruck when I get overwhelmed with work, life situations and family. I sometimes feel myself doubting God, and feeling abandoned.
    3. Seeing the wonders in Nature and taking time to enjoy my son out in nature, help me to remember how God is always around us.

• Kellyn Webster says:

I would describe wonderstruck as the moment when you are overwhelmed with happiness and peace and all you can do is praise God for everything he has done. I believe that the business in life and trying to make time for my kids at school, family, friends, and everything I feel like I need to get done that day. I feel wonderstruck when I am able to get away from all of the distractions in life and just spend time in the word and focus on everything God has done in the world.

• Pam says:

Just joining in…Wonderstruck is when I see something that stops me in my tracks or takes my breath away or causes me to stop and thank God for his creation.
    How often life gets in the way of my “wonderstruck” moments. Sometimes I just am going and going that I feel like I barely have time to breath.
    Moments that renew God’s wonder is when I am sitting at the beach watching the waves come in and go out or when I am with my sisters. I realized how blessed I am.

• sheree says:

I am so in Love with this new study Wonderstruck!!!! What a newness of thinking and a reminder of our Savior <3

Thanks for joining the discussion!