Wonderstruck Online Bible Study Starts Today

Welcome to the Women’s Online Bible Study as we begin Wonderstruck by Margaret Feinberg.  We have over 400 women from around the world participating in this adventure. This will be an incredible 7-week journey through the Wonders of God’s glory, power and deep love.  My prayer is that you would find a renewed passion for the Lord and experience a greater understanding of His loving presence in your life.

Sunset

We’ll be using the Wonderstruck workbook (sometimes called member book) with the white cover.  Each lesson should take about 30 minutes a day, five days a week.  We encourage you to pray before you begin each lesson, and only read one session per day. In the back of your workbook you will find the Wonderstruck Journal, where you are encouraged to write three wonders of God daily during the seven weeks of study.  If you want, you can write these into a Spiritual Journal. You will also find six Scripture Memory Cards in the back of your book, which are to be memorized on the corresponding week. Video sessions are available for download from Lifeway.com, they are optional and not required for online study.

Create a daily appointment with God, and don’t let anything pull you away from intimacy with Him. A good plan is to read each morning Monday through Friday, allowing the weekend to make up any lesson you missed during the week. Keep your study time simple and free from distractions.  You may find that keeping everything you need in one place will help you stay motivated.  I have a basket with my Bible, workbook, journal, pens, highlighters, reading glasses and post it notes.  If you are new to Bible study and don’t own a Bible yet, then use one of the many online versions at FREE sites such as BibleGateway.com or YouVersion.com or you may want to read this article~ How to Shop for a Bible

You are invited to participate in small group discussion via Facebook, or here at the website.  To participate in a discussion here on the website, you will answer the questions below by posting a comment. The first week our small groups will have introduction sessions, where you’ll meet your leader and co-leader, as well as the other women in your group. You’ll have the option to connect with an accountability partner if you desire this for your Bible study.We’ll explain how the small groups function and help you get started in online Bible study.

Please note that the first week of study, the small groups are quite populated! Many women will visit the groups to “see what it’s about” and might visit more than one group during the week. The timeline will move VERY FAST during the first week and might challenge you or frustrate you. This only happens the first week….then the small groups adjust in size and the conversation is easier to follow. During the first small group meetings, you might need to refresh your computer screen F5 to keep up. You can always go back later and re-read the timeline for your small group or jot down the prayer requests. Mobile devices are not recommended, please use a computer to access the small groups if possible.

Our Prayer Wall is the place to reach out with your prayer needs and praise reports. Please visit the page and pray for those people who are asking you to lift them up in prayer. Pray for the leaders of this study and the women in your small group.

Assignment For The Week

• Write a letter to God on the inside cover of your workbook. Put today’s date inside your book and tell Him where you are in your life right now, and where you hope He leads you during this study.
  • Pray before you begin reading. Ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart to wisdom.
  • Begin reading Session One: The Wonder Of Divine Expectation in your workbook
  • If you are watching the videos, watch Session One, available through Lifeway (not required for participation in the study)
  • To join a Facebook small group- click here.

Discussion Questions- Answer in your small group or post a comment below

1. In your own words, how would you define wonderstruck?
  2. What takes away the wonder of God in your life? (example: busyness, responsibility)
  3. What renews the wonder of God in your life? (example: birth of a baby, walk on the beach)

Are you ready to be Wonderstruck?

• Danielle Wilkinson says:

Wonderstruck, to me, refers to those moments when I experience joy and excitement and curiousity beyond understanding. Those moments that time seems to slow so that I can fully experience the majesty of God’s world. It’s sad but I let myself become so distracted by being a wife, mother, and teacher. I get caught up in trying to make my own way that I get distracted from the wonderful things God can and is doing in my life. But recently I gave birth to my first child. She is AMAZING and everyday, when I look into her eyes, or kiss her toes, or hear her coo, or see her smile, I am reminded of the wonder of my God who had her life ordained from before the time he created her in my womb.

• Julie says:

Wonderstruck to me is when I am amazed by what I see God has done. It feels me with a desire to know him more.

I have allowed things to pull me away from the wonder of God through listening to their negativity, pessimism, anger and letting the bad things that happen pull me away from God.

I feel renewed by God when I see what he has created, the job and peace, nature and truly happiness in the world.

• Kathleen Gripper says:

I describe being “Wonderstruck” as seeing things that you thought were impossible and could never possibly happen to you, actually happen. There has to be a spiritual hand in it and that hand is God. He is full of wonders and miracles.

I’m enjoying this class because it requires that you reflect on the “Wonders of God” on a daily basis. It also directs you to scriptures where you find the “Wonders of God” has always been since the beginning of creation and it increases your faith in knowing there will always be wonders.

• missy2u says:

I am having such a glorious time in this study, week one down and I feel like I’m walking on air. I’m really enjoying how she (Margaret Feinberg) put this study together and the Scripture reference.
    Thanks Christine…

• Jo ann says:

New to online study. Just received my books yesterday. Enjoying the online comments.

• Susan Werner says:

I often find myself wonderstruck when I think of all the things that surround me in nature. When we travel to a foreign country or if I visit a new place that is so beautiful, it takes by breath away. These gifts from God make me wonderstruck.

Sometimes, I allow myself to become consumed with worry, about my family or my students. As someone said earlier, we forget to breath and stop to take in all the things that God has given us.

I have a renewed wonder of God each time I look into the eyes of my husband and son. I feel renewed when I awake to a beautiful sunrise and when I see a rainbow after a fresh showering rain. I believe God puts these feelings on our heart, so that we do not lose touch of what he has provided for us.

• Courtney M says:

1. For me Wonderstruck moments are those when I feel God’s presence around me.
    2. I lose the ability to be Wonderstruck when I get overwhelmed with work, life situations and family. I sometimes feel myself doubting God, and feeling abandoned.
    3. Seeing the wonders in Nature and taking time to enjoy my son out in nature, help me to remember how God is always around us.

• Kellyn Webster says:

I would describe wonderstruck as the moment when you are overwhelmed with happiness and peace and all you can do is praise God for everything he has done. I believe that the business in life and trying to make time for my kids at school, family, friends, and everything I feel like I need to get done that day. I feel wonderstruck when I am able to get away from all of the distractions in life and just spend time in the word and focus on everything God has done in the world.

• Pam says:

Just joining in…Wonderstruck is when I see something that stops me in my tracks or takes my breath away or causes me to stop and thank God for his creation.
    How often life gets in the way of my “wonderstruck” moments. Sometimes I just am going and going that I feel like I barely have time to breath.
    Moments that renew God’s wonder is when I am sitting at the beach watching the waves come in and go out or when I am with my sisters. I realized how blessed I am.

• sheree says:

I am so in Love with this new study Wonderstruck!!!! What a newness of thinking and a reminder of our Savior <3

• Praying for you all as you launch the study. Cannot wait to hear what God reveals to you during your time using Wonderstruck. I would love to hear the ways he is displaying himself to each of you– feel free to email me at Wonderstruck@margaretfeinberg.com.

• Gerdina Schwab says:

I am still waiting for my books. They should be here today. I’m enjoying all of your comments in the meantime. Also very much looking forward to being more so Wonderstruck than I all ready am. Just lately, since my Dad died on March 1st, I have been on this journey with God. My faith is renewed and I seem to be in constant awe of how he is working in my life. I can’t wait to see what each new day is going to bring.

• Lynn says:

I really enjoy reading all the comments! Today I have an attitude of gratitude despite circumstances of life. I am grateful for all of you!

Stasia: thanks for your kindness
    Peggy: thanks for the beautiful prayer for us
    Susan: thanks for being here while waiting on your book
    Carolyn: thanks for your bold yet gentle important reminders
    Elisa: thanks for your compassion heart with the children
    Forgive me if anyone was not mentioned here-These were the only comments I could see
    I look forward to this study with you all and God.

• tiastasia says:

I really like what you said Lynn… so true…

• mazmagi54 says:

Heavenly Father, I ask that each of us will be more WONDERSTRUCK each day, each passing page and session. Help us to discover a new facet of You, Your character, Your Presence, Your Word as we continue for the next 7 sessions. May we step back in astonishment of how You hold everything together and knit us closely as One to You, and even have us carved in the palm of Your hand, each one of us, no matter how near or far, You reach out to us in love, if we would only grasp this and allow this to stir us each morning and every evening with the Glory and Wonder of You directing our paths and guiding us to grow more intimate in our relationship and walk! Take hold of our hands, open our eyes and our hearts to see, hear and live WONDER STRUCK by Your Great Love in Jesus precious Name… I love You and thank You

• mazmagi54 says:

Christine, I was wondering since the workbook is set up Day by day, will you be sharing each day or is that what the small groups do?

If so, then,here at Bible Cafe, you will only do a weekly post on Sun. or Mon.?

Oh, and in case you missed the “thanks” reply above for checking out the Lifeway ereader!
    Right now, that won’t work either, but I so appreciate you pointing that other option out for me. I do have SESSION ONE: The Wonder of Divine Expectation and very thankful for that!
    Earlier I had gotten a copy of the other (blackcover) Wonderstruck and love how Margaret captures the WONDER. I love the continuums in today’s and I love LIVING “expecting the unexpected” especially when it comes to God or His Holy Spirit opening new doors and this opening question AWESOME…

What ignites in you the desire to live with a holy anticipation that God wants to meet you?

I am in awe and amazed when I hear His Holy Spirit and know that I know that nudge is from God!!! I love when things are not a coincidence but a GODincidence.

Starting a WONDER Journal sounds WONDER FUL!!! and so even if I can’t continue through the next 6 weeks, I will continue this WONDER and journal.

Looking forward to the WONDER of God’s PRESENCE and PRAYER! I always wonder at great Christian FRIENDSHIPS woven by God especially via the internet. I need to learn about the WONDER of REST! I have been so blessed by the WONDER of Forgiveness, most certainly God’s for me, but also in my earthly relationships. And I can’t even imagine the WONDER of the FINAL CELEBRATION GATHERING! Yep, the world is filled with WONDER that begins and ends in Jesus Christ, the Alpha and Omega. Thanks for sharing this and all the studies you make available and choose! Always GREAT ONES!

ENJOY being WONDERSTRUCK and LIVING WONDERSTRUCK! Thanks so much for leading this 400+ group and small groups and all the coordination this takes. I appreciate you and all the women that make this a community. God bless!

Peggy

• Susan Werner says:

Hello, I have ordered my books, but want to make sure that you have record of my signing up! Thanks!

• Carolyn Wall says:

I would have to say His Intimacy–His desire to continually be intimate in ways we haven’t even scratched the surface yet. Another is His continual Faithfulness–He doesn’t leave us abandoned or forsake us. Another is His Word is Eternal-Everything is held up by Him and In Him—we live, move, and have our being in Him—Wow–!This is a great meditation–answer rest of questions a little later, want to be filled with WONDER of HIM today!!Warmly, Carolyn

• Elisa Gray says:

1. I am wonderstruck when I recognize god’s presence and activity.
    2. I lose my ability to be wonderstruck when I become overwhelmed with life. I do well when my problems line up. But when they come in bulk, I tend to forget the my God is very big.
    3. Nature always restores my sense of wonder. Actually I never lose my wonder in the natural world. But when some situation, usually at work (I teach severely disabled children.), that appears to be completely impossible works out in a way I hadn’t imagined I am reminded the god really does have a plan and is in control.

• Lynn says:

1) Wonderstruck are the moments of time that stand still and the spirit is in control and not me. 2) Getting caught up in too many to-do’s for the amount of time in a day and feeling overwhelmed and overtired. 3) When I truly am humbled by how small I am and how big God is-just yesterday my focus for the day was on all things on my journey that were not man-made. That was an amazing renewal of God for me!

• Deb says:

1). Sometimes I’m wonderstruck over the smallest of things – I can be driving down the road in a rainstorm and see a flash of lightning – walking along the beach watching the waves – and I just feel wonderstruck. At least that’s the name I give it – I just get an overwhelming feeling of peace and happiness.
    2). The things that can take this away is being too busy – having too much on my mind. I need to slow down and listen for Him.
    3). The renewal? That can be anything from a raging thunderstorm to looking at pictures of my grandchildren. Getting a hug from one of my grandchildren…

• evie730 says:

Wonderstruck is that awe moment you have from time to time. Like when God heals or when you watch someone get saved.

2. What can take away the wonder of God in our life is life responsibilities like job, being a wife, being a daughter, and even a sibling.

3. What I find that renews my wonder of God is the beach! I love, love, love the beach! It’s God artwork life! It amazing to watch the waves and the feel of the sand. I look at the beach and just know God is real! I love spending my intimate time with God all by myself there.

• Maureen M. says:

1. Wonderstruck to me are those moments when I am so overtaken by the magnitude of God that I stand still and gasp.

2. I think routine takes away from the wonder of God. In my effort to “get it done” I can miss out on the wonder of God.

3.Being still helps me renew the wonder of God in my life. Being still and acknowledging God as God. Since it is Springtime, I can’t help but marvel at the handiwork of God as nature comes alive.

• mazmagi54 says:

Blessings Christine, I love the way you start the assignments for the week! Wonderful idea! I have been looking forward to this study but am not able to join in with the workbook since I can’t get it in Kindle for PC(Amazon). However, I have so enjoyed all that Margaret Feinberg shares on her blog and on the Wonderstruck blog. I have been more WONDERSTRUCK in everything since I came to know her through her blog and her 40 Day Bible Challenge (and all I could soak up)! Great questions, too! as always

1.In your own words, how would you define wonderstruck?

I really like what Heidi B. wrote and frankly after reading hers, I cannot even think how to express what she captured. Thanks Heidi.

But in my own words, I would define WONDERSTRUCK as the awe I sense in God’s Presence, wherever that may be, taking a walk, in or out of church, in my home, along the beach or malecon here in Mexico. I have found plenty of wonder and am so struck by the awesome beauty and detail of all God is and does and has created.

2.What takes away the wonder of God in your life? (example: busyness, responsibility)

I too find myself like Heidi wrote (perhaps that is why her comment struck me or stood out). Yet frequently the distraction is my own self, my wandering mind or my own lack of self discipline, self control of emotions (like irritations that cause me to explode). That would do it for anyone. Gratefully, I no longer have to battle with BUSY or responsibilities of family, etc. and we all know that BUSY stands for “Being Under Satan’s Yoke” and praise God I’m free of that but still struggle with people pleasing behaviors and not so great at staying focused in God and His Word when struck with pit falls, as I am in imperfect progress, I am learning and hopefully changing/improving.

3.What renews the wonder of God in your life? (example: birth of a baby, walk on the beach) all of the above when I focus of the wonder of God but looking up into the skies day or night always causes me to renew His wonder and especially a walk along the Pacific that calms my frazzled world and reminds me this is all temporary. Music often places me in a place of wonder, and when God’s Word comes alive once again with some new tidbit of revelation by His Holy Spirit, I must pause in the wonder of each moment. I am humbled by such an Awesome God of some many incredible Wonders, and Delights even amidst a troubled and turmoiled world, I am amazed at His Grace, Love, Mercy and vastness of such depth and incomprehensible GLORY! May He be glorified in this WONDERSTRUCK study among all the small groups and here at Bible Cafe! Love this place, Christine and thank you for such a great site and administration of all these wonderful studies!

Love in Christ to you all,
    Peggy
    I don’t do Facebook or Twitter but grateful that you make this available. God bless you!

I am wonderstruck when I am overwhelmed by the workings of God around me, if it’s time spent in His creation, or in the quietness of time alone with Him . .to just dwell on the fact that HE loves me.

2. I get caught in the busyness of the day and my involvement with people who are hurting. The burdens can be really heavy to carry.

3. What renews me the most is time spent in His creation – -the mountains always make me feel peaceful, but a walk in the local gardens always helps restore me.

• Esther Roberts says:

1) When I am speechless, overwhelmed and mezmorized by God and his presence. I get lost in my time with him and don’t want to stop.
    2) Business – filling my every waking moment with noise, even good noise. Listening to the demands of people and lists in my life. Forgetting set aside time for God first.
    3) Taking a walk by myself anywhere there is nature. Mountains, beach, somewhere I can see God and not see people and hear only his voice.

• Barbara Moore says:

Wonderstruck for me is when I listen to my 4 year old grand-daughter describe how God loves us. It is always awesome to watch the spirit working in even the smallest child. I love God and can’t wait to connect with other believers who love him just as much as I do. This study will help me to shut out the distractions around me and really listen to God.

• Judi Staton says:

1. “Wonderstruck”—an overwhelming awareness of power and magnitude beyond my ability to comprehend!
    2. Complacency…general attitude of satisfaction with the status quo takes away my awareness of how great my God truly is.
    3. Traveling to another part of the world and being with complete strangers and reminding myself that God knows, loves and has a plan for these as He does for me. I am struck with wonder about how God has the entire world in His hands.

• evie730 says:

Hi Judi:-)

Complacency is another good one that can hinder our wonder with God. Never thought about traveling to renew though. Sweet.

• mazmagi54 says:

Oh Judi and Evie, I agree with “complacency” being one of the ones that hinders us. Oh that we would become uncomfortable every time that creeps in. Great thoughts! I like that part you shared on traveling. Since I live in another country, you are so right, that we can remind ourselves easily and be struck with wonder and awe at how Great God is and how very BIG when we get the world wide perspective of His immense love and capacity. To know God is to love Him and others as He does. No barriers!

• Elizabeth says:

Good morning! Excited for the study, Have a blessed day

• Heidi Bylsma says:

1.) Wonderstruck is that moment when I grasp a glimpse of the holy, the awesomeness of God and his involvement in my life causes me to catch my breath and I know he is there and mighty, yet intimate in my life, too. 2.) When I let my focus be captured by people…especially people…people whose approval I value far too much. When people are big, my God becomes small and I lose the sense of wonder and awe. 🙁 3.) When I am still and know that He is God. When I quiet my mind in His presence. When I drink in deeply the scent of one of my horses or the softness of my dog’s fur. When the smell of spring envelops me out in the warmth of the sunshine on my deck nestled among the trees…I am wonderstruck all over again.

Share a comment with our readers!