An Answer to My Question

By December 14, 2012Cancer & Faith
blog

This post was written  by Cindy Hamilton as she shares her breast cancer journey with our readers. Please pray and support her journey of healing.

It has been exactly 11 months since I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer—11  months since my life was turned upside down and inside out…..never to be the same again.  Last week, I had my five-month PET scan.  Sitting through a PET scan is not difficult, it’s just long.  You have to sit by yourself in a quiet room for an hour and a half while the drug distributes itself throughout your body.  You can’t read because for some reason, it causes more of the drug to go to your brain.  So, you sit and rest and think……

Well, I didn’t want to do a lot of thinking, so I did a lot of talking to God and listening to Him during that hour and a half.  I asked Him point blank, “Lord, why did you heal me?”  I know that we all have our own journeys of faith and healing.  God heals some on earth and some in heaven.  It breaks my heart to talk to some of the families of friends I have met through this journey who have lost their loved ones to cancer.  Why?  I honestly don’t know, but I can say that He did answer my question.

Every morning I wake up praising Him for each new day!  Little things that used to stress me out…….they just don’t any more.  He has given me the best days of my life; and I can’t wait to see what each day might bring.  I’m back volunteering at A Woman’s Place, a pregnancy resource center in our small town. What a joy to be able to give back to God.

This picture was taken at Thanksgiving. Every year I gather all my grand kids together to take their Christmas card picture.  I had this crazy idea to take this beautiful, old love seat and plop it in the middle of my son’s lovely, green wheat field.  This was my mother-in-law’s “candy cane” couch; my kids grew up opening presents on it Christmas Eve.  She would have loved it!  I am just so grateful to God that He gave me more years to photograph these precious kids.

My PET Scan was perfect!  Thank you, Lord.

Comment using your Facebook Account OR scroll to bottom of page and comment using your email

Author WBC

Find online bible studies for women at the Womens Bible Cafe. It's also a place where you can meet other Christian women from around the world and fellowship together. If you're unable to a attend a church small group bible study then the Bible Study Cafe is just right for you! Look under "Current Studies" to see what we're reading. Bring your book and let's study the Word together.

More posts by WBC

• Lori Vanta says:

I too am inspired by your story. I am a stage 4 colorectal cancer survivor who is still fighting. First diagnosed in 2008 at age 37 and it spread to lung and liver in 2010 and now is in lungs . I am 42 and still fighting and am so Blessed beyond words at all God has done for me through this journey! I look at life different and know every day is truly a Gift from God. He has taught me so much about Faith and how to apply it to my life daily . HE is so good! God Bless and like I say … Stand Tall and Stand Strong!!!!

• AmyBr says:

Thank-you for this. A month and a half out from treatments for stage 2 breast cancer and looking for what God wants from me now!

• Hi Cindy, first time coming across this website and I am very touch and inspired. I have seen a close family member healed of cancer as well, and we have been grateful to God since, plus he now works for God at a local church full time.

Thanks for sharing your story of faith and belief in God.

Lovely picture too… they are adorable.

• Catnu (Cat) Sauders says:

Hello Cindy,
      My first time here, I too am very inspired by your story.
      My son was diagnosed with syage 4 of an extremely rare form of testicular cancer 2 years ago, that spread through out his body is a very short period of tiime. His lungs were so full of cancer that the resuls wouldnt even register on the tests, his somach cavity/lymphnodes had 2 timors 13 cm , and his liver had tumors as well, he hhad part of his liver removed, and a testicle ,and has spread to his brain as well, he had extensive Chemo therapy, and Cyberknife surgery/radiation on the brain, God has healed him in his body, the brain is being closely monitored for possible new cancer growth there,he was 19 when first diagnosed,now he is in college full time, and working, and nonsymptomatic. we are celebrating everyday together, and his friends are so amazed by his story, and I truly believe God will reach so many more through this and all of our miraculous stories of Faith conquering moutains. Life is good because good has us through all of our storms, and when the world gives you a death sentence, God has His new lease on life for you. We all have an eternal story to tell, to reach others for His Kingdom.Look forward to sharing and reading more uplifting stories, and see more of power though prayer and fellowship take place.

Blessings!!

Cat!

• Heather C. KingKing says:

Great news, Cindy! Praise God for the wonderful report from the PET scan. And I adore this picture of these precious little ones.

• Linda says:

Love your message. My son recently had surgery for thyroid cancer and I am learning to trust and enjoy each new day as he finishes his treatment. God puts people in our lives that guide us along the way. You are an inspiration for me. You have beautiful grandchildren!

• Vicci Mauldin says:

Praise the Lord Cindy!! I have been wondering about you. Thank you for the update Cindy. May the Lord continue to heal you and bless you. Vicci Mauldin. 🙂

• Great picture of your grandkids on the candycane couch!
    I too have been healed of cancer. It does make us enjoy each day of life more.
    God is blessing you today. May you have many more days filled with joy!

• Thank you for the update Cindy, it is wonderful to hear from you. I had tea with my Mom yesterday and I shared your story of faith and courage, so you were fresh on my mind. I’m thankful your scan was perfect and that God has healed your cancer. My Grandma Rose was healed of hers, back in the 1970’s when people didn’t openly talk about cancer awareness. Thankfully, you shared your story with us and give hope. May the Lord continue to bless you.

I love the photo of your grandkids!!!

Thanks for joining the discussion!