Share Jesus Without Fear Bible Study Starts Today!

Jesus Painting by Akiane
Jesus Painting by Akiane

Jesus Painting by Akiane

Welcome to the Womens Bible Cafe as we begin a four-week study based on the book Share Jesus Without Fear by William Fay. We have more than 250+ women participating in this online Bible study. It’s not too late to join us, to register click here

I’m so excited about this Bible Study! I’ve prayed over this and I’m now reading the book for the second time as God opens my heart and yours to share Jesus. Our study is divided into four themes:

Week 1: Developing a Heart to Share Jesus

Week 2: Learning a Way to Share Jesus

Week 3: Responding to the Challenge to Share Jesus

Week 4: Being Obedient to Share Jesus

Beginning on SATURDAY December 1st, we’ll have small group discussions on these weekly themes. We’ll meet via Facebook and the small group schedule is posted below. You’ll attend any small group that works best for your schedule and time zone. These small groups are not required for your participation, however we’ve found them to be a powerful way to learn and grow in faith.

Reading Assignments- You’re welcome to read ahead of the group if you like 🙂

Week 1: Read Chapters 1 to 4 in the book. ***Small groups will start on Saturday Dec 1

Week 2: Read Chapters 5 to 7 in the book. ***Small groups will start on Saturday Dec 8

Week 3: Read Chapters 8 to 10 in the book. ***Small groups will start on Saturday Dec 15

CHRISTMAS WEEK -no small groups Dec 22-Dec 28

Week 4: Read Chapter 11 to the end of the book. ***Small groups will start on Saturday Dec 29

If you’re using the workbook also, then complete the weekly workbook lessons along with the chapter reading. You’ll notice we’re taking a  one week break during Christmas week. Hopefully you’ll have opportunities to Share Jesus during this week, and when we resume our last week of study you’ll share your stories with one another.

Small Groups

This is the schedule for the Facebook small groups. To join the chat room, click here or copy and paste this URL: http://www.facebook.com/groups/267498689999528/

Visit our Prayer Wall and post a prayer request or praise report. We have a Prayer Team that is praying constantly. In order to receive the blessing of these prayer warriors, you need to submit a prayer request when you click here.

Scripture Memory Verse of the Week

I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ. Philemon 1:6 NIV

Group Discussion- Post your answer to this question below.

Have you ever had an opportunity to share your faith but didn’t? What happened?

• Cindy Pyper says:

I received my book today…I am looking forward to jumping into the teaching.

• Ann says:

Still waiting for my book to arrive!

• Mindy says:

All the time! Especially when I was younger. I was very active in youth group and was so scared of telling others about Jesus. Today I am in a situation where I work the people who are developmentally disabled, all of our training forces us not to impose our views on them. But it hurts so much watch some of them not get any kind of “religion” in their lives. I even have to change my radio station in my car because I can’t be found influencing my rider. 🙁 I like my job, but this one aspect that makes me sad.

• John says:

Mindy,
      I had read your post and noticed that you have rejected your God. Changing your views about how you feel about God because of your career is just the same as rejecting God in his presence. Remember His judgement is the one you should fear, not the one from your boss. He is all around us and is always with us.
      R,
      John

• Joan Snow says:

I started reading this book and loved the questions that open the door to telling others about Jesus. SO…. I jumped on board!

• Stephanie Rovira says:

I recently became a stay at home mom. I love it but missed the socialtime that my job offered me. To make a long story short I started selling jewelry to bring in a little extra money and to give me some social time. As I was listening to the audio trainings I was convicted and asked myself what would happen if I put this much effort into reaching others for Christ. This Bible study came up within the next couple of days. This is my new training…the jewelry will sell itself but I want eternal rewards for those I talk to not earthly.

• Tracy says:

Do we need the DVD for the first week small group discussion?

• Audra Falk says:

I was recently convicted by the Holy Spirit to share the gospel…more than just inviting people to church, but actually telling them about Jesus myself. I even made contact with an agnostic/atheist acquaintance of mine, but so far she is not interested in the conversation. I had a neighbor God placed on my heart come over to visit for the first time two days ago. I hope this book will help me learn how to start conversations about Jesus. As a pastor’s wife, I am pretty comfortable inviting people to church, but I want to do more.

• Tina says:

I believe the little gut feeling is God speaking to me. There is a lot of people who look at me like I am crazy. I feel like God is leading me in a new direction and here is why. I hope it is ok to post this in this forum. I am searching for opinions from others – I guess I KNOW it is God speaking to me and need to hear I am not sounding crazy like some people in my life say.

I recently lost my job. I was driven out – basically given zero hours so I was forced to quit, but before that I was lied to and called a liar. After prayer with my husband and alone I decided the job was not worth my character taking a beating in such a manner. It was unplanned so we are taking a small income cut. It has been depressing because it is so close to Christmas. I love thirty one products and talked with my husband about considering becoming a consultant. I could use the extra income and be home with my daughter. I prayed about this with my husband. ( as many know, thirty one is a Christian based company founded on Proverbs 31) A couple of days later, I saw a link for this website from another FB page and it was posted in my newsfeed 31 mins before I saw it. Then a couple days later, I was opening to do my daily Bible devotional and it was for Proverbs 31. Then the following Sunday our responsive reading in church was based on Proverbs 31. I know this is the Lord speaking to me. This could be a new direction for me to take – not just for the income, but for the opportunity to share the Lord’s word with others.

• Glenda Benson says:

I was discouraged with myself for not trusting God to give me the boldness of what to say. But God is going to change that through this Bible Study. Thank you Father for intrusting me to share You with others.

• Cristina says:

Ahhhhhh! I just blogged about this VERY THING – because it is TOO LATE after they are gone (I hope its ok to share this): http://www.redeemedwoman.com/faith/its-too-late-when-theyre-dead/
    I am going to share this Bible Study with people who I know were moved by the post! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! So excited – I truly love all that you ladies do for the Kingdom!

• Sheree says:

I am sad to say that I have had opportunities to share my faith but I let these opportunites go on by without saying anything. What happened? Regret and remorse and most of all, missed blessings.

• Carol says:

When I was a baby Christian I shared my faith with both my family and friends but over the years it has been dry due to constant rejection, ridicule, and disdain looks. In my origin family, women were not considered as smart and valued as men and not worth listening to but rather to be controlled. I was raised a people pleaser and I know that God is healing me one step at a time. I am the only practicing Christian in a family predominantly following an Eastern religion. It seems the only thing that I do is pray for them because I have made attempts to witness to them and have been cut off. I live really far from them and don’t get a chance to see them that much. I know that Christ has a plan for me to take this witnessing bible study and I want to be used and be part of the Great Commission. The days are dark and we need to reach people for Christ. I want to witness now and be used for God. I can’t wait!

• Carol says:

Since I put this response down….it has bothered me. The Lord has been talking about unforgiveness and letting go the past with regarding people I have tried to witness to. I think it has been a stumbling block for me and I need to be responsible for my attitude towards people. I need an attitude adjustment! Planting seeds is not the same as bringing people to Christ. Planting seeds are good in a sense but it is better to share the gospel of truth to them. If I could have a Jesus’s heart towards others who don’t know him it would make a difference in me in how I witness to them.

• Christine Smith says:

I missed an opportunity when I started working at a new company. The sales manager was hosting a staff meeting with a psychic. I was outraged and complained to her senior manager and the meeting was stopped. I confronted the sales manager about the dangers of consulting with mediums (based on Saul) and she argued with me that she was Catholic and so is the psychic. Later I went to the office when it was closed and prayed over each of the doors and rooms. I should have used the opportunity to share the news with others about Jesus and scripture.

Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 19:31

Saul died because he was unfaithful to the LORD; he did not keep the word of the LORD and even consulted a medium for guidance. 1 Chronicles 10:13

• Jen says:

I know there have been multiple times when I could have shared Jesus with someone and didn’t. But most recently was during a discussion with a professional colleague. I really held some things back about my faith in God and how this impacts my work. I didn’t consciously do this at the time, but I did realize later that I really didn’t give her a true sense of what is important to me because I failed to even address the One who is most important to me. I think that it has almost become a habit for me to leave Jesus out of conversations with people outside of family and church. I think fear has paralyzed me in this aspect of life that I don’t even think about sharing Jesus.

However, once I had the revelation about my recent conversation at work, I couldn’t believe the shame I felt at not even acknowledging God as the important force in my life. And it occurred to me that day that this is an area I need to work on. The very next day I received the email invitation to join this Bible study and I knew the Holy Spirit was working on me!

• Christine Smith says:

That’s conviction!!!

You said ” I think that it has almost become a habit for me to leave Jesus out of conversations with people outside of family and church” and you are correct. In modern culture, its become unacceptable to talk about your faith. We’re under the umbrella of a worldview and it’t time to realign with the Great Commission.

• Tanya says:

Christine, you said: In modern culture, its become unacceptable to talk about your faith. We’re under the umbrella of a worldview and it’s time to realign with the Great Commission.

Amen and amen!! I can’t think of a time when I didn’t share (I know there are hundreds), right now I am focusing on ALWAYS talking about my faith, because I serve a God who is always faithful to me!

Tanya Logan

• Carol says:

Several times 🙁 I am married to an unbeliever and my in-laws are idol worshippers. My husband is completely unreceptive to the Word of God and over the years I have become too scared of arguments and fights at home to share the good news more confidently with him. My failure to do so with my own husband has made me timid and fearful of rejection and lost relationships with others. This has prevented me from sharing Jesus with others even though I want to.

I hope this bible study will infuse God’s inner strength into me and give me the courage to share His plan of salvation fearlessly and in love.

• Christine Smith says:

This will be a good study for you as this topic is discussed in the book.

• Christine Smith says:

I read a book by Lee Strobel about how he was an atheist while his wife continued to fall deeper in love with Christ. At one point he was jealous of her relationship with the Savior and after years of mocking her, he picked up a Bible and started learning. The key factor was that he saw FAITH IN ACTION. He saw her passion and wanted it for himself.

• Carol says:

I love Lee Stroebel’s Case for Christ! Thank you for reminding me that I should be a living example of Christ’s love. I look forward to learning how to share the gospel with those from a different faith without sounding supercilious or unloving.

• chris blair says:

Listen to the invitation by Lee stroebel. Its the same only spoken. The change in his voice as he believes and the true power of his testimony is incredible. He actually did scientific research that proves the presence of Jesus and still doubted it. Got mine at Family Christian.

• Christine Smith says:

Thank you, I dont have that and it sounds amazing. Will search for it 🙂

• Carol says:

Will try to get my hands on that one. I think there is a documentary version of the case for Christ on Netflix…anyone with a Netflix account can view it! Thanks!

• Summer Ray says:

I have to admit I began reading the book yesterday and found it hard to put down. It gave me ways of thinking that I never considered. I work in ministry and feel like I “do my part” through this avenue but frankly I missed the boat!!!

• Christine Smith says:

That’s why I said “it’s okay to rad ahead of the group.” I had a similar experience once I started reading it. 😉

• Carla Brooks says:

I think I’ve been hesitant to share my faith and missed many opportunities. I invite people often to church and try to be a light wherever I can. I’m looking forward to doing this study.

• vickie says:

I’ve missed many through the years, and shameful, I definately have shared Jesus, and my faith with others, and prayed with non believer, but just didn’t lead them to christ, I planted the seed I guess.

• Christine Smith says:

You are planting the seeds.Vickie. As you continue to read this book you’ll learn how it takes several seeds for the roots to grow. Each seed matters.

• marsha says:

Your instructions mention a workbook. Where do we get the workbook?

• marsha says:

I also have had many opportunities that I have ignored and then spent the rest of the day beating myself up for being so weak.

• Christine Smith says:

At least you are aware that you have a heart’s desire to share Jesus, and now you will have the skills to do so. I’m thankful you’ve joined this study.

• Missy says:

Each time in the past when I have left undone, or didn’t say the things I was charged to say I felt bad. Sometimes its because I’m afriad of being called a Holy roller, or be judged for my relationship w/Christ. I’ve missed many witnessing opportunity and I try not to let that happen anymore.

A friend of a friend was in the hospital on his way home, the family was afraid that he had not said the sinner prayer or asked for forgiveness. They called me and asked was he going to hell? I responded the best way I could but I’ve always thought about that moment, since they had faith in my knowledge it was time that I trusted God and hold the Holy Spirit at His Word, to guide me into ALL truth.

I am still nervous about sharing Jesus, but at least now there are more times I share then not. (smile)

• Christine Smith says:

That’s a tough question for a family to ask, and more common than people realize. When a family member sees a nonbeliever leaving through death, they are seeking peace.

• Heather C. KingKing says:

I think I’ve probably (and unfortunately) missed many opportunities to share Jesus for fear of being rejected or saying the wrong thing or whatever. Mostly I feel repentant afterward, truly sorrowful for missing out.

• Christine Smith says:

Conviction Heather. You are aware of the missed opportunity and the Spirit reminds you of this. Hopefully this Bible study will empower you to overcome that fear.

• Laura says:

I think, actually I know that I have had plenty of opportunities and didn’t do it, many times because I ignored the Holy Spirit’s prompting and allowed myself to be guided by fear of rejection. The times that I have shared, I acted quickly without allowing my mind to talk me out of it.

• Missy says:

@ Laura I totally get what you are saying. Doing something that is not popular is a challenge and talking about the grace of God certainly is not amongst my group of friends only a select few.
      Even to those who are in church, I still feel like I am saying something I should not when I give God the glory or praise Him to them, its weird. Oh yea, there are even times I’m worried about making the other person feel weird because I’m talking about my Prince – wow

Now I have to keep saying in my mind, these people are NOT willing to die for me BUT I know one who did and I keep going…LOL
      Have a great day..

• Christine Smith says:

I have noticed, over time as I mature spiritually, the topic of Jesus naturally flows into my conversations. It just comes out as I’m speaking and I’m amazed that I’ll even quote a scripture verse and reference. Of course, this is easier with someone I know who is a Believer. Now in this study I hope to learn how to do this with someone who has a closed heart and mind. I’ve already learned that it’s not about them,its about my obedience. I’m not “converting people” instead I’m sharing Jesus. Big difference!!!

• chris blair says:

What time is the groups meeting? Haven’t heard anything

• Kelly says:

Hi! I’m Kelly from kenosha WI. This is also my first on line bible study. I’m excited to begin!!