Welcome back to the Womens Bible Cafe as we continue our study of True Woman 101 by Mary Kassian and Nancy Leigh DeMoss. We’ve just finished reading week five in the book and examined the impact of the feminist movement on our current and future generations.
Knowing the source of sin, we also know there is redemption and hope in Jesus. The first Adam led us to condemnation and a life of disobedience and sin. The Last Adam leads us to obedience, grace, righteousness and life. Make a line on a sheet of paper and and draw the two Adam’s. Then draw yourself and where you think you stand between them. Look at your drawing and decide if you need to make some adjustments in your present location. Re-read Romans 5:18-19 and Romans 5:20-21 if you need help understanding this key point.
We also learned this week how sin affects men and women differently. Were you surprised to learn that sin affects her relationships and his power, or is this something that you already knew? It surprised me and also made perfect sense in our modern world. “Satan knew that each gender’s respective strength also provided a point of vulnerability,” writes Kassian and DeMoss. “The pain of womanhood isn’t trivial. It’s real. It’s devastating. And it cannot be ignored.”
Men are not the enemy, yet we’ve been led to believe that they are. Take a look at these popular quotes:
- A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle. Gloria Steinem
- The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. Roseanne Barr
- Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them. Margaret Atwood
- I think the girl who is able to earn her own living and pay her own way should be as happy as anybody on earth. The sense of independence and security is very sweet. Susan B. Anthony
You can find 500 more feminist quotes when you click here.
Examine your own heart and mind and see what quotes are lingering there. What beliefs about men are lingering there? Are they in alignment with God’s will? I pray you were blessed by this week’s study and attended it with an open mind.
Homework For The Week
- Read Week Six in your workbook
- Visit www.TrueWoman101.com and watch the video for Week Six
- Join a small group this week. To see the small group schedule please click here
- For those in my Saturday small group, we’ll be discussing week 6 on Saturday morning
Discussion Questions- Discuss with your small group or answer them here when you post a comment below
- Are men responsible for the problem of women’s pain and discontent? What is the danger in viewing men as “the enemy?”
- Why do you think woman’s movement encouraged women to do womanhood their own way?
- Why is the obliteration or self-definition of gender roles not the solution to the pain of womanhood?
- Has witnessing the pain of womanhood ever incited you to blame, rail against, or devalue manhood?
- How can we fight injustices towards women without demoralizing men?
Related Articles for True Woman 101 Bible Study