It’s time for another online Bible study for women as we continue True Woman 101 by Mary Kassian and Nancy Leigh DeMoss. We’ve just finished reading week four in the book and now we’re already half-way through this Bible study. Please don’t quit simply because you’ve fallen behind on your reading….it takes ONE HOUR to read an entire week’s lesson and you’ll catch up in no time. Many others are reading on time or even ahead of the group and discovering this is a fascinating and life-changing Bible study. By the time you complete all 8-weeks you’ll have a better understanding of God’s design for womanhood.
Our lesson this week centered on Satan, the notorious snake in the garden. We see the wedge he placed between man, woman and God and saw several examples of how he continues to do this today. He grabs us by the ankles and pleads with us to follow the easier route, the popular route or the fairy tale promises. He distorts the truth and adds peer pressure until we’ve fallen into a tangled web. It would be hard to find a single Christian who has not experienced this at least once in life, or sees it happening in the people around her.
After our reading this week, we realize that our interactions with men involve more than just relationship. They include kinship, commitment, unity, communion, authenticity and purity. Add the Fruit of the Spirit to the mix and you have a recipe for spiritual success!
Our Prayer Wall is the place to reach out with your prayer needs and praise reports. Please visit the page and pray for those people who are asking for you to lift them up in prayer. Pray for the leaders of this study and the women in your small group.
Homework For The Week
- Read Week Five in your workbook
- Visit www.TrueWoman101.com and watch the video for Week Five
- Join a small group this week. To see the small group schedule please click here
- For those in my Saturday small group, we’ll be discussing week 5 on Saturday morning
Discussion Questions- Discuss with your small group or answer them here when you post a comment below
- Refer to the characteristics of Adam and Eve on page 94 (kinship, commitment, unity, communion, authenticity, purity). Which characteristics do you find most appealing and why?
- What’s the problem with having an “I’ll do it my way attitude?” What ideas about God does this attitude reveal?
- What are some subtle lies about womanhood that Satan commonly pitches to women? Are you guilty of listening, dwelling, believing, and/or acting on any of these lies?
- What’s the difference between independence and interdependence? How does culture encourage women to assert their independence from men? How does this impact male/female relationships?
- Have you ever fallen for Satan’s sales pitch? Describe how there is/has been a “snake in the garden” with regard to your womanhood.
Related Articles for True Woman 101 Bible Study