Welcome back to online Bible study for women as we continue our study of True Woman 101 by Mary Kassian and Nancy Leigh DeMoss. We’ve just finished reading week three in the workbook, so if you’re falling behind in the lessons it will not take long to catch up with the group. Don’t forget to listen to the free video sessions at www.TrueWoman101.com look under “Weekly Guides” and then you’ll see a 20+ minute discussion by Mary Kassian and Nancy Leigh DeMoss. If you look under “Featured Video” you’ll see a longer session with footage from the TW Conference.
Our discussion this week focused on the “sugar and spice” image of girls, as a contrast from the “puppy dog tails” we studied last week. The discussion is based on this poem attributed to English poet Robert Southey (1774–1843):
- What are little boys made of made of
- What are little boys made of
- Snips & snails & puppy dogs tails
- And such are little boys made of.
- What are young women made of,
- Sugar & spice & all things nice
We studied “softness” and the Biblical meaning of this word throughout the week. I’d love to be sitting in a room with you right now to learn how you responded to the lessons. Be sure to participate in the small group sessions and share your story with others!
Our purpose on studying softness is to understand how God created us for His purpose. As a culture, women are discouraged from being soft. You’ll be moved outside your comfort zone as we continue this study. Pray for an open heart and Christ-centered mind.
Our Prayer Wall is the place to reach out with your prayer needs and praise reports. Please visit the page and pray for those people who are asking for you to lift them up in prayer. Pray for the leaders of this study and the women in your small group.
Homework For The Week
- Read Week Four in your workbook
- Visit www.TrueWoman101.com and watch the video for Week Four
- Join a small group this week. To see the small group schedule please click here
- For those in my Saturday small group, we’ll be discussing week 4 on Saturday morning
Discussion Questions- Discuss with your small group or answer them here when you post a comment below
- How does Hollywood typically portray women? What do you find attractive or unattractive about its portrayal?
- Many believe that the Hebrew words for man and women suggest that man is identified with strength and woman with softness. What does this mean? Does the idea of softness repel or attract you? Why?
- Do you view “responsiveness” as a positive or negative trait? Why? How do we remain “soft” but avoid becoming passive, weak-willed doormats?
- What aspect of God’s design for womanhood do you find the most difficult? Why?
- How could you cultivate a heart that is even more soft and responsive to Christ and His Word?
Related Articles for True Woman 101 Bible Study