My favorite summer memories are sitting by the pool reading a book while sipping sweet tea. Since my children love to swim with friends, I have many opportunities to read through some great books. I still remember the books I read last summer, they were so good! I’ve decided to create a list of books I’d recommend to my friends for summer reading….and I’m sharing it here with my friends from the Womens Bible Cafe and Twitter @LifeVerse
While my usual reading preference is for new nonfiction Christian books, I like to mix up the selection during the summer with fiction and classics. Be sure to let me know what book you’ve selected…. and then share a review of it when you’ve finished. If you’ve got a favorite ice tea or summer drink recipe please share that too! Don’t forget to join our summer bible study with Beth Moore as we read Nehemiah by Kelly Minter. Sign up when you- click here.
12 Books to Read During the Summer of 2012
- Choose Joy by Kay Warren
- The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson
- Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster
- Close Enough to Hear God Breathe by Greg Paul
- Expecting to See Jesus by Anne Graham Lotz
- Bailey Flanigan Series by Karen Kingsbury
- Soul Detox by Craig Groeschel
- Bringing Up Girls by James Dobson
- What’s It Like to Be Married to Me by Linda Dillow
- A Lineage of Grace by Francine Rivers
- Almost Christian by Kendra Creasy Dean
- What do you recommend???
For more suggestions on books to read during the summer, check these places:
- Christian Book Award Winners
- Christian Book Expo Bestsellers List
- Christianity Today Book Awards List
- Top 50 Books that Have Shaped Evangelicals (Christianity Today)
See you at the pool or beach!!! I’ll be the woman with the Christian book in her hand. It always sparks a conversation with someone….
This is what my children will be reading during the summer…I just might peek into their books too!