Welcome to womens online bible study as we begin Fingerprints of God by Jennifer Rothschild. During this study you’ll discover a Father who has placed His touch on your life. “Fingerprints of God starts with this basic premise: We are individually touched by God- created by Him, recreated through Jesus Christ, refined and restored through the Holy Spirit,” writes Jennifer. Stop and think about this…God has touched you….individually.
Maybe the tag inside your clothing should read “Handcrafted by God.” God didn’t speak you into existence, He created you with His hands. So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep. While the man slept, the Lord God took out one of the man’s ribs and closed up the opening. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib, and he brought her to the man. Genesis 2:21-22 NLT
During our time together in bible study, we’ll discover God’s handiwork through these lessons:
- Fingerprints of God
- A touch of intimacy
- His redeeming touch
- His sheltering embrace
- The hand that guides
- Shaped by His hand
This week I want you to think about your own creativity and what you create with your hands. I’ve been crafty since I was a young girl, making jewelry with gum wrappers and later learning crafts from my grandmother. I learned how to knit, cook, sew and crochet…and developed a passion for making beautiful things. As an adult I express myself with scrapbooking, quilting and jewelry making. If you gave me a lump of modeling clay I’d probably create a princess crown as a reminder that I’m a daughter of the King. At the top of my crown I’d engrave the letters HIS because my heart belongs to God. As I think about this I’m reminded of how God expresses Himself through His beautiful creations.
During our bible study we’ll explore God’s imprint on your life and we encourage you to participate with the other women in this study. Each week we’ll post discussion questions for you to answer here on the website and also in your small groups. We’ll also have a live discussion on Facebook to discuss our study. It will be a fun way to fellowship and get to know each other. We’ll announce the day and time on Facebook…so be sure to follow our page: Facebook.com/WomensBibleCafe
You can also connect with me personally on my personal page Facebook.com/LifeVerse for updates on family and life…just send me a friend request.
Our Prayer Wall is the place to reach out with your prayer needs and praise reports. Please visit the page and pray for those people who are asking for you to lift them up in prayer.
How to Participate
Here’s what you can expect from your participation in the Fingerprints of God Bible study
- Pray before you begin reading. Ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart to wisdom.
- Read your daily lessons, five total, lasting about 20 minutes each day. A good plan is to read each morning Monday through Friday, allowing the weekend to make up any lesson you missed during the week.
- Visit the Womens Bible Cafe anytime on Monday and join in the group discussion by posting a comment.
- Watch our Facebook page for announcements of live discussions and fun events. Facebook.com/WomensBibleCafe
- Optional video lessons are available from Lifeway at a minimal cost. If this is your first Jennifer Rothschild study, I encourage you to listen to at least ONE video lesson to connect with the personality and teaching style of Jennifer Rothschild.
- Get into a daily routine of study. Make it the first priority and resist distractions or doubt that will temp you to fall behind.
Homework For Next Week
- Write a letter to God on the inside cover of your book. Put today’s date inside your book and tell Him where you are in your life right now, and where you hope He leads you during your bible study Fingerprints of God
- Read Week One in your book.
- Watch the Video Introduction Session and Session One (optional due to cost)
- Check in with your Small Group Leader. Contact us if you have not heard from your leader by Wednesday.
Group Discussion- answer one or as many questions as you like by posting a comment below and also discussing in your small groups this week
- What is something creative you like to do with your hands?
- If I gave you a lump of modeling clay or PlayDoh and asked you to make something that represents your life…what would you create and why?
UPDATE: Small groups are full. You can still join our study, however the small groups are at capacity. So you’ll be placed on a waiting list for a small group. You can still participate by joining the online discussions and Facebook chats