This post is written by Cindy Hamilton as she shares her cancer journey with you.
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever. Psalm 107:1
What a blessing this week has been to me!
So many good things have happened; the spring flowers have started to bloom, and God is Good!
A week out from my second “healing drip” and I’m feeling alive again. Sitting here in my chair, the windows open to the fresh air; I listen to the beautiful wind chimes and thank God for my week.
This is what has happened:
- Attended church—glorious praise and powerful teaching
- Attended Bible Study with my friends (We’re studying Beth Moore’s James)
- Was treated to a Birthday Lunch by my two precious friends.
- Hugged all three of my children and five of my seven grandchildren; was serenaded by all of them, some via Skype, some on the phone, and three in person!
- Received a beautiful “Hope” scarf from a dear friend. (She sewed silver charms that said, “hope, peace, love, faith, etc.” on to the scarf. Beautiful and so meaningful.
- Received a prayer shawl from another dear sister. I know that she prayed with every stitch. As I wrap it around my shoulders, I feel her love.
- Went by Hancocks Fabrics and purchased four beautiful yards of material for headscarves. I have decided that this is my new look!
- Friends have gone through their drawers and brought me their square scarves. 🙂
- Ate a wonderful meal, lovingly prepared by another sweet friend.
- Birthday flowers have overtaken my house from friends and family.
- Because of family and friends, our freezer is full of casseroles, soups, and goodies.