50 Scripture Verses On Worrying

By February 4, 2012Scripture

50 SCRIPTUREVERSES FOR WORRY

50 Scripture Verses On Worry

In the NIV bible, there are many scripture verses on worry, anxiety and trusting God; these are just a few. Read through the list, find a few favorites, and memorize them. Better yet, print a copy and keep it in your handbag or computer bag! When you find yourself waiting- such as carpool, at a doctor appointment, or for a class to begin- pull out the list and read it. To print a copy click here>> 50 Scripture Verses On Worry

1. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matt 6:34 NIV
  2. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.  Phil 4:13 NIV
  3. Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.  Isaiah 40:31 NIV
  4. “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? Matt 6:25-27 NIV
  5. But make up your mind not to worry beforehand how you will defend yourselves. Luke 21:14 NIV
  6. Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. Psalm 55:22 NIV
  7. For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7 NIV
  8. I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken..  Psalm16:8 NIV
  9. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.  Psalm 62:6 NIV
  10.  Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings Psalm 17:8 NIV
  11. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.  Psalm 91:4 NIV
  12. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you;  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10 NIV
  13. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
  14. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:28 NIV
  15. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. Psalm 28:7 NIV
  16. I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.  Psalm 121:1-2 NIV
  17. They will have no fear of bad news;  their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD.  Psalm 112:7 NIV
  18. Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding Proverbs 3:5 NIV
  19. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place. Deut 1:31 NIV
  20. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Phil 4:6-7 NIV
  21. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.  2 Timothy 4:7 NIV
  22. Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,  fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Hebrews 12:1-2 NIV
  23. God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.  Psalm 46:1 NIV
  24. “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.” John 14:1 NIV
  25. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matt 11:28-30 NIV
  26. When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.  Psalm 56:3 NIV
  27. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Deut 31:6 NIV
  28. Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10 NIV
  29. What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31 NIV
  30. Know also that wisdom is like honey for you: If you find it, there is a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off. Proverbs 24:14 NIV
  31. I prayed to the LORD, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears. Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces. In my desperation I prayed, and the LORD listened; he saved me from all my troubles. For the angel of the LORD is a guard; he surrounds and defends all who fear him. Psalm 34:4-7 NIV
  32. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.  In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.   1 Peter 5:7-10 NLT
  33. As for God, his way is perfect:  The LORD’s word is flawless;  he shields all who take refuge in him. 2 Samuel 22:31 NIV
  34. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matt 11:28-30 NIV
  35. “The LORD is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.  Exodus 15:2 NIV
  36. We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. Hebrews 6:19 NIV
  37. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. Romans 8:6 NIV
  38. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 NIV
  39. May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had,  so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Romans 15:5-6 NIV
  40. You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires;  to be made new in the attitude of your minds;  and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.  Romans 4:22-24 NIV
  41. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.  Psalm 73:26 NIV
  42. Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  Lamentations 3:22-23 NIV
  43. For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.  Hebrews 4:12 NIV
  44. What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?  Romans 8:31 NIV
  45. As for God, his way is perfect: The LORD’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.  Psalm 18:30 NIV
  46. Are God’s consolations not enough for you, words spoken gently to you?  Job 15:11 NIV
  47. The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.  The righteous person may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all. Psalm34:17-19 NIV
  48. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.  Psalm 25:5 NIV
  49. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes;  its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit. Jeremiah 17:8 NIV
  50. For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love. Psalm 33:4-5 NIV

Source: Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1984

• Tosan Aldore says:

As human we do worry, but i stongly believe. God is always in control. The
    best thing to do, is to surrender all to Him, when you do that , victory is sure, God is faithful.

• Esse says:

I shan’t worry because God has plans for me. He will take care of all that concerns me. He will perfect all that concerns me. He won’t let me cry or bow my head in shame. Amen and Thank you Lord.

• Sheilah says:

It’s hard not to worry about my children, even though they are grown. They grew up privileged, with the best of everything, but chose to follow Satan instead of Christ. I recently lost my only son to drugs & alcohol and my 2 daughters are also self destructive, and headed in the same direction. I have done all I can do, and know how. I try to give it to God, but my heart hurts so much for them, all I do us worry. Especially about my little 10yr. old grandson, to the point that I can’t even sleep at night.

• Christine Abraham says:

praying for your family and for you too!

• Sara says:

Through prayer and faithfulness to God’s glory, the Bible assures us that God will care for your heart and help you get through the sadness of your situation. Only through God will comfort and peace be yours. Bless you, Sheilah.

• Diann Manning says:

I too found found these scriptures at 4:00 in the morning because I’m worried about a job situation. Please pray for me that I might live accordingly to God’s word. I can quote scriptures but I need to apply them to my needs. I pray for others but I myself am in doubt. Please pray for me..

• Demetrius Ferguson says:

Just when the devil thought he had me, God led me to the 50 verses you assembled together. I was really in a state of depression and anxiety but after reading, i feel like a new creature again. What a mighty god

• Ashley E.H. says:

God is good and worthy of love. He loves His creations.

• Jeanette says:

Praise God and Thank you!

• Denise Clark says:

God is so good just when I was down and out and needed a uplifting word,I found this and I am going through a season in my life right now where I am outweighed with worries and stress,after reading these verses,I am reassured Gods On My Side……

• Jen says:

This truly was encouraging and confirmation that Gods love is unfailing and though we may go through trials it only strengthens our walk and faith with Him! He is our refugee and our strength! He along is God and worthy of all our praise!

• Yolanda Shelton says:

I am fighting a battle that I no I can’t win, the spirit let me no it’s not mine, it’s his. Family off track, children off track. And the enemy is out to kill, steal, and destroy. So I no I’m not suppose to pray n worry about a situation, but I suppose pray n leave it with God. And trust that he will work it out for the good. Seems like I’m the one that’s always trying to hold things together in my family, but be the one to get hurt all the time. Reading all these scriptures lets me no that God requires more from me. And he want me to let go of the worries and pray more so I want have no worries. The scriptures were very uplifting to me

• Anchor yourself to Jesus as you ride the storm. Praying for you Yolanda.

• Josie says:

I am troubled deeply by family issues. I try to leave it with God but it is hard to stop worrying. As a new Christian I have to become stronger in my faith and continue to pray and ask for help in bearing all I must bear. The verses helped. Thank you.

• Being Christian- new or seasoned- does not mean we’re without trouble. However it does mean that we turn to Scripture and to God during our trials. Praying for you Josie in your season of difficult family issues.

• Lynn says:

I too feel some relief by reading all 50 of these verses reminding us God is with us. I know this and yet I still worry only to pray for forgiveness again & again. I too bear the weight when things aren’t right and feel I need to have all the answers and fix the problems. I have to remember its not for me to fix and go back to praying to god to do so. I constantly seek his guidance with an open heart.

• Gloria says:

The enemy is attacking me with worry. Thanks for the scriptures that strengthen me.

• tell says:

Thank you these verses have brought me peace

• Faith Bradley says:

Hi,
    I have found myself worrying a lot recently for many reasons and this list is just exactly what I needed this evening. God is good.
    Thank you so much for putting this together.
    God Bless you all

• Anonymous says:

I recently had a needlestick at my job. I taking hiv meds for prophylaxis and am praying I don’t contract this virus. Keep me in your prayers.

• Sandra Brooks says:

My Sister Yvonne is going in for heart surgery this coming Thursday,she is so afraid . I wanted to send some verses to her and I was looking on my ipad and tapped in bible verses about fear and how amazing your page came up.I sent several to her and have also told her where to look up
    your web site.
    You know The Lord works in mysterious ways,and wonders to perform.Please hold my Sis in your prayers that all will go well and our Lord will be the unseen guest in every situation, and will guide the Surgeon hands and all who will care for her.
    Every blessing
    Sandra.

• Jackie says:

My GOD is Awesome!!!!

• ERNESTA says:

VERY ENCOURAGING VERSES LIKE TODAY AM SO DOWN BUT I WILL KEEP TO THOSE BEAUTIFUL WORDS I THANK GOD

• frankee says:

Thank. You Lord for leaving us a guide and a comforter to keep us from falling like we sometime do.

• Stacy says:

Thank you so much! It is amazing how reading this just helped me in the middle of my worries. My problems are not gone yet, but they do not seem as important as they did before reading these verses. Thank you.

• Amy Rolin says:

These verses are beautiful! I have all of them in my “worry journal”. I can write all of my anxiety down and just GIVE IT TO GOD!

• Myself know, we calling by God.

• I ENJOY READING THOES SCRIPTURE: THANK GOD FOR HIS WORDS

• Katie says:

Amazing scriptures that really help!! But I have an OCD pet peeve but #25 and #34 are the same verses

• Lorraine says:

Thank you so much for the scriptures. They help me so very much. I found out my husband is cheating again! And when we bought our house we put it in my husbands sons name because we had just filed bankruptcy and he is mad at us and hasen’t talked to his dad in 2 years and has tried to evict us already. I know when its paid off he will try to evict us again. It will be paid off next month. I’m so worried i know this will end up in court! I’ve worked so hard on this house to make it our home. Pray for us PLEASE!

• Emerita morales says:

Thank you so much for all the scriptures. It made my faith in GOD sooooo strong.

• A.C. says:

As I read these scriptures my roof, it’s been leaking for 4 years, & now it’s dripping streams of water from a my damaged dinning room ceiling into a 30 gallon trash can… With a big lump in my throat & teary eyes I’m trying to have faith that God will show me what to do. Please, send & pray many prayers.
    Thanks

• Belle says:

Thank you for this inspiring words! Include me in all your prayers.. Thank you so much and God Bless you all!!

• kim says:

I am 40 yrs old & have to get some tests done on my heart. My dr is checking for blockage. Iam worrying. Im trying not to. I have given this to God to handle but yet the worry still creeps in. Any prayer for my worries & my health & healing would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all & God bless.

• Covering you in prayer Kim…

• Lester G. says:

Kim, I know how you feel, God will answer your prayer and heal you. God makes impossible things possible.

• kim says:

Thank you all for your prayers & encouraging words. So far all my tests came out great. Just a few more to do. My dr seems to think the heart troubles may be connected to stress. This is a huge relief but it isn’t solving my problem with worry. Im trying to give all these stresses & issues to God but the worry creeps in. Is my faith not strong enough? I have a puppy with a fever for an unknown reason. Ive given it to God, but the worry is still there. Am I not truly giving it to him? I don’t know what to do

• Martha Young says:

Thanks, a great awaking this morning!!

• My pain can be worrisome, thank you dear Lord for small miracles! Another day over! Amen 🙂

• Kelly says:

• gracie says:

right now im worrying about so many things all at the same time and it’s giving me sleepless nights..and reading these verses just makes me want to break down cuz they touch the heart so much

• Robyn Byrum says:

I am a person that worries so bad I love all these scriptures thank u so much!!

• JC says:

Thanks for posting these verses.

• Dean Davies says:

Wow thank you so much I feel so much better, I massively suffer with worry and anxiety and this has helped so much

• Leanna says:

Hello.. Thank you for this 🙂 It has been a rough week and this is just what I needed. I hope you have a wonderful day! God bless, you are truly doing great work

• Briana says:

Hello I was looking for scriptures on trusting God, I found one out of proverbs 3:5 but I’m looking for more, could you please help me?

• xactlydeb says:

(c: Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family (((((Christine)))))))

• xactlydeb says:

I have been posting from your page this past week- on our church page plus in groups that I am in. Thank you for sharing this <3
    I found your page while seeking positve content to encourage people during this busy season.

• Sonia Munson says:

I was looking for scripture on worry and “just happened” to find this site…we all know there are no coincidences…right ladies?? I have just bookmarked and am now going to copy and paste the 50 verses on worry. Getting another cup of coffee and looking around your page…I think I might stay awhile…Blessings to all <3

• evie730 says:

I have been blessed by the site so much..

• Joyce says:

Women’s Bible Cafe is always on time with something that will bring you through. May God continue to bless this ministry 🙂

• Deb Schlaud says:

Thank you! Amazing how these posts, comments, articles, etc. are posted just when I need them. God’s always looking out for me! Love Him so much!

• Angie Hott says:

Love this verse! Thanks for reminding me…especially today! Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 NIV

• Charity says:

During the dark hours is when God’s grace shines bright. Thank you for sharing His word!

• Camille says:

I needed to hear these verses so badly. What hope He gives us!!!!! I’m holding on to the only One worth holding on to. God be with you all.

• cassandra Montanez says:

Thank you for these scriptures. I put my trust in God that he will take my anxiety and fears away.

• Denischa Van Moll says:

Our God is an on time God. A lot of these verses are perfect I never would’ve thought about some of these for worry fear anxiety. But God’s word always has something thing to hold tightly to. Thank you I will use these often.

• Kim says:

Thank you for these verses–all are perfect, just like our Jehovah God the Father!! Praise Him!!!

• Julia says:

I thank God for his words.He is a God that shall not lie
    Thank you for these verses they help me renew my faith in the Lord…Amen

• Rebeca says:

perfect 🙂 thank you!

• Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out
    much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.

• CRB says:

These lists of fear and worry scriptures were exactly what I needed. Thank you so much for your ministry.

• S Robert says:

Thank you so much for these verses. So timely & so helpful. Bless you!

• Madi says:

” The fear of man lays a snare but those who trust in the LORD are safe.” Proverbs 29:25

• Gift ambrose says:

Praise the lord of jesus. Your send bible quote life is more important..thank u for woman’s bible total network, good think,

• Kenya says:

Thank you for this may God keep you and Bless you all the days of your life!!713

• lollyn says:

my husband was diagnosed with 3 kidney stones on each of his kidney, and the specialist says that we need to get an operation or shock wave procedure because medicine will not work anymore to expel the stones.. im really weak, realy weary and sometimes i just cant help but cry,, these surely reminds me that the Lord is with me, and that i should just keep my faith in Him because He will surely carry me,, thank you! pls pray for us

• Justin says:

Thank you so much for putting these together! I printed this out and each time I feel worried, stressed or anxious I will read over these!

• remeshia morris says:

Lord knews deep down in my heart I really feel so much better I just
    Wanna say thank you

• kris says:

• Shannon Bushay says:

This made me feel so much better!!!!!

• Kacy says:

Thank you so much this helpt me more then you know 🙂

• Deborah-Dale says:

Hey, my name is Deborah-Dale from Trinidad and Tobago. I am a mother of two and I am married for the past four plus years. Worry comes with being a mother, but also being a human. A message was preached or should I say a lesson was taught in discipleship class a few weeks ago about worrying and I took to that immidiately. I have to will myself not to worry about things and I have seen God do a great work in one week. I thank you to the person who put these scriptures up. They are an added help. Being an intercessor one needs to know the word and also not worry cause it is a grave contradiction. Have a blessed day all.

• Mandie Burnette Wolfe says:

Needed this today! Thank you so much!

• shonal samy says:

very touching indeed….thank you so much…God bless you

• Arlicia Collins says:

Awesome!!! No more worrying GOD is in CONTROL!!!!

• Mary Beth Floyd says:

Thank you so much! This list is truly a God-send.

• Joy says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    This is so great!

• piper says:

How timely is this post…. Has God ever tried to get your attention?? Well I am pretty slow and sometimes it takes Him showing me something time & time again. Sooo, this morning, I was reading Jesus Calling for Feb 5(yes a day behind) and one sentence…”The most persistent choice you face is whether to trust Me or to worry. You will never run out of things to worry about, but you can choose to trust me no matter what.” Then checking my emails I get a devotion from Wisdom Hunters and yesterday’s devotion was titled ” He Cares” it can be found here http://wisdomhunters.com/2012/02/05/he-cares/
    And the next email right under that one is an email with this post…. I thank the Lord for his constant reminder this morning that HE HAS IT ALL UNDER CONTROL!! Oh How He Loves Me!!!

• Linda says:

Likewise I was put in a peaceful state after being reminded that as long as I trust that God will continue to work out all of my problems and take care of all of my needs. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

• Sue D. says:

Thanks Christine!
    after going through SSMT, I want to continue memorizing. Maybe not at that same pace but this is a good direction for me.
    Sue

• C. says:

Chrisine, What great work…what a great idea…What great leadership! I hear you, trust in you and Thank God for YOU! C.

• michelle says:

Thank you sooo much. I found such comfort and peace in praying through all these scriptures…

Share a comment with our readers!