Welcome back to our bible study on Brave by Angela Thomas. We just finished reading week four and learned how trembling hearts find comfort and strength in a Sovereign God. Angela shared her personal story of fear and a beautiful story of comfort and bravery from knowing who we are in Christ. She writes “The physical body gasps for air when we cannot breathe, just as the spiritual body gasps for grace when we are in need.” We discover that God knows our need, even when He seems silent. Our fear draws us closer to the One who comforts and loves us by Grace.
Choosing to call upon God is a choice. You can believe that He hears and comforts His children, or you can believe that man determines your destiny. Throughout scripture we see evidence and examples of people calling out for God, and He answers. This is one of the reasons why bible study is so essential to spiritual growth. By staying in the Word and feeding from it, we stay out of the world and feeding on worldviews. Digest scripture words and live “under the authority of a loving, eternal God who does not flinch, doubt or guess,” as Angela Thomas recommends. Grasp the inner comfort that is given to you from a loving and knowing Father, the I AM.
Please visit our Prayer Wall and post a prayer or a praise report. Before you leave, take some time and pray for someone’s need. Lift others up as God has lifted you up. Send up prayers for the Lord to hear and answer.
Angela Thomas Quotes
- Those who are in Christ are being made brave.
- Our Conqueror is the only One who can save us from our fears.
- Our God knows our great need.
- Exercising your faith is a choice.
- Even when God is silent and you can’t hear Him speak, He is still your only answer.
- If God were going to abandon you, He never would have sent His son.
- If God were going to abandon you, Jesus never would have gone to the cross.
- The woman who believes in the sovereignty of God finds a quick comfort in her troubles.
For Next Week
- Read Week Five in the workbook
- Optional: Watch the Session Six Video (optional due to cost)
- Register and get your book for the next bible study starting at the end of this month
Group Discussion- Answer one question or as many as you like
- How can you “be of good cheer” even when you are trembling inside? (page 89 )
- How has your suffering helped you turn outward toward others? (page 97 )
- What is your first response when trouble comes? (page 99 )
- Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.