On each of the 30 days I spent reading Faith Dare by Debbie Alsdorf, I found myself meditating on the important things of life. Faith Dare is a 30-day journey of self reflection, awareness of faith, and learning to flow with the life God has prepared for you. In the first ten days of the study, the dare is to Live UP! In relationship to God. Instead of looking in the mirror at self, or across the cafe table at your friends, you’re challenged to look UP and see yourself from God’s view. The next ten days, you’re challenged to LIVE IN! and surrender self to a life of beauty and grace in the eyes of the Father. Finally, you complete the last ten days living in relationship to others. When you LIVE OUT! you focus on how you reflect God’s love to others.
Some of the daily lessons in the Faith Dare book include:
- Dare to ask God for a new heart
- Dare to pay attention to God’s lead
- Dare to believe you are God’s treasure and of great value to Him
- Dare to love well
- Dare to use your tongue to bless and build up others
Author Debbie Alsdorf recommends reading one faith dare lesson a day, in the morning, so you can reflect on the lesson and apply it to your daily activities. I found the experience rewarding and beneficial to my day. Since the lessons are short, I was able to read this prior to my morning bible study. When I missed a lesson and doubled-up, reading two lessons in one day, I found it lessened the value of the challenge and I easily forgot the lesson for the day.
Debbie Alsdorf Quotes From Faith Dare
- The more we focus on God the more we learn to look up and live up.
- Trusting God is a spiritual lifestyle to be learned.
- Since the heart is the center of who we are, the heart will always be the focus from God’s side of things.
- God’s Word, like a surgical instrument, goes deep within the heart, cutting away the sin and all that displeases God.
- Sometimes we don’t wan to see the things God is showing us about ourselves.
There is no excuse for not taking the 30 day Faith Dare. Start your day reading the short lessons, write a sentence of two about how God is speaking to you (there is ample room to write on the pages of the book) and spend your day focused on living your life to the fullest. You will not be disappointed in this book and after reading it, you’ll want to give copies to your Mom, sister, and best friend.
*Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Revell Books as part of their blogger review program. I also purchased three copies from the author Debbie Alsdorf, womens pastor at my church. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” Click here to find out How to Become A Book Review Blogger.