Today we’re kicking off our first women’s online bible study for the year 2011. Before you begin reading from your workbook Me, Myself and Lies by Jennifer Rothschild, I want to invite you to pray. Pray specifically for the other women participating in this study, for God’s Presence in our study, and for His Word to speak to you personally. Pray for an open heart and mind, and for a commitment to spend at least 30 minutes each day with the Lord. Give Him your time and He’ll give you His. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently before Him. Psalm 37:7 NIV
The Women’s Bible Cafe is a place where we can gather online and study the bible together. This study is an opportunity for you to spend daily time with God, learn scripture, and connect with other Christian women. An online bible study is less structured than a church small group, because we are unable to see your workbook and keep you accountable to your commitment. You’ll need self-discipline to stay on track, or find an accountability partner and work as a team. When you draw closer to God Satan will do everything to distract you, redirect you, and discourage you from completing the study. When you stumble and get off track, know who the enemy is, and hold your ground.
This online group is made up of more than 160 women- new Believers, long-time Christ followers, first time bible study participants, seasoned bible study participants, pastor’s wives, church leaders and women seeking a church family. These women are from around the world- the United States, Mexico, Canada, Britain, Australia, Nigeria and Afghanistan. It’s almost impossible to find a church small group with a mix like this. What makes the online group unique is the absence of time zone restrictions. We can meet as a group anytime by simply visiting the Bible Cafe and posting comments or posting a reply to another comment. Day or night, the Bible Cafe is open.
The Details of Our Study
- We’ll be reading from Me, Myself and Lies by Jennifer Rothschild. We’ll read a chapter a week, followed by a group discussion online.
- Video or audio sessions from Jennifer Rothschild are available to enhance your study. Due to the expense they are optional and only the workbook is required.
- The study is 6-weeks long.
- We’ll “meet” once a week on Monday, where you’ll see a blog post such as this. At the end of the post you’ll see the discussion questions.
Assignment for this Week
- Read Week One in your workbook
- Download the Answers to the Viewer Guide
- Listen to the Audio Introduction Session or Video Introduction Session (optional)
- Listen to Session One Audio or Session One Video (optional)
- Characterize your life in this present season using ONE WORD.
- If you could think of your heart and mind as a closet, how would you describe what’s in your current thought closet?