Spiritual Warfare 301

Welcome back to our study of the Chip Ingram book The Invisible War as we discuss Session Three: How to Do Battle with the Enemy and Win. Most Christians know Satan exists, some will give him credit for spiritual attacks and others ignore him hoping the enemy will go away. In Spiritual Warfare 301, we’re given the tools to stand strong and fight the most intense battles without backing down and losing our own spiritual territory. Now that we are aware of the Invisible War (Spiritual Warfare 101), and gathered our battle gear in basic training (Spiritual Warfare 201) we need to know how to win a Full Frontal Attack from the enemy (Spiritual Warfare 301).

Hostile demonic activity can be repeated over several years, and when we win one battle the enemy waits for another place to attack. Often when faced with a full frontal attack we just don’t know what to do. These attacks are rare, according to Ingram, yet when they do happen fear causes us to  immobilize or to flee. He writes “when you are wearing your spiritual armor and still you are bombarded with spiritual opposition, there are specific strategies you can use to win-decisively.” It’s important to recognize that sometimes our battle gear alone does not protect us, and we need to fight back. If we do not fight back, Satan seeks to isolate us with our pride. We don’t tell others about our full frontal attacks, fearing they’ll think something is wrong with us or we’re crazy. It’s one of the reasons we decided to lead the Spiritual warfare bible study- to share our stories with each other and affirm what the bible says about spiritual warfare. It’s present today, it’s intense, and we need to be prepared for battle. “When the light exposes the secret, then it gets defeated” says Ingram.

Ingram lists five times when you can expect a full blown frontal attack from the enemy. Be on guard for subtle attacks and be prepared to raise your Ephesians 6 Shield of Faith. Our faith is rooted in scripture, and when you don’t memorize scripture, your defense is weakened. When the flaming arrows are thrown at you, you claim God’s Word and fight back. The goal of the enemy attack is to get you to be afraid, to shift your focus and take your eyes off God. The instant you recognize the attack, you need to fight back with the truth of scripture. We don’t need to be afraid when we stand on the promises of God.

If you have a prayer request, please post it on the prayer wall. We ask you to print a copy and pray for those who are are asking for your support. If you want to post a prayer request, please contact us here.

Chip Ingram Quotes

• The enemy loves to immobilize us with pride and fear.
  • Sometimes we forget that we are in a spiritual battle for our souls. The battle is fierce and the implications are eternal.
  • When we sense the darts of doubt and deception, we raise the shield of faith.
  • Don’t let the enemy’s missiles drive you beyond God’s boundaries.
  • It is imperative that we keep God’s word in our mind and Satan’s lies out of it.
  • Faith overcomes.
  • In the cosmic conflict, the front lines are between your ears.
  • Christians who are not filling their minds with scripture are like warriors going out to battle without a helmet.
  • Evil has to bow to the rhema of God.

This Week’s Memory Verse

In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Ephesians 6:16-17 NIV

• We’re reading Spiritual Warfare401
  • Please read chapters13 to 15 in your Invisible War book
  • Please read the conclusion in your book
  • Watch the DVD sessions How to Gain Deliverance at www.LivingOnTheEdge.org

Group Discussion- Answer one or as many as you want

1. Does a full frontal attack seem hard to believe? Why or why not? (page 122)
  2. What game plan do you need to put into practice in order to in order to fill your mind with the truth? (page 138)
  3. If someone were to evaluate you on how well you have mastered your weapon-the Word of God-what would the evaluation say? (page 144)
  4. Have you ever experienced a full frontal attack? How did you respond? How did the enemy respond?(page 144)

Love in Christ,

Comments

1. Sue Alice says

Sorry, I thought I posted for last week. The move had me discombobulated along with Satan.

No it is not hard to believe after all I have been though the past month…..a full frontal attack may be what I have been going though. But as Yolanda says “others go thur far more than me….” Amen to that.

Blessing everyone.

2. Yolanda* says

No a full frontal attack is not hard to believe… I have experienced some things to make me believe in them and have seen others go thru far more than me…

3. Nickie says

this was an good week to be reading spiritual Warfare… with holidays and all the hussle and bussle that we go through, I think the devil nows how to play havoc with us. It is the little things that can get blown out of papportion. I was listening to my pastor this weekend and he said that if we havent forgiven someone from the past, that is where we are still stuck, then it goes into bitterness, anger, and it just keep growing.

I find that when I am really in the word of God that my attacks are always stronger, when I am leading a bible study, my life just goes upside down. I dont always say I am being attacked but now that I have done this study, I do beleive that I have been attacked. God has always shown through but just being obedient to him always gets us through. It doesnt mean that we arent going to go through tough time… this has been a great study and I will be sad when it is over… blessing to you all

4. Lisa H says

1. Does a full frontal attack seem hard to believe? Why or why not?

Not hard to believe at all. Looking back, I think I have always known it was possible, even when I was still “of the world”.

Seems I am easily tempted to be distracted, in my mind and with my time, from God. I definitely need to memorize more scripture. I have over a hundred cards I have written that touched me at the time, but I can’t recall them unless I’m looking at them. The method of “study” I’ve had in my life is fill up your head with all this stuff, and when someone says something the Rolodex in your head will find that you read or heard something about that in the past and you can comment. I’m not very good at starting, or even keeping up a good conversation. Never have been.

I have “knowledge” in my head, but I now know I have an issue with putting said knowledge into practice. Someone would say I need more time and practice in this area, but the potential is there.

I have been attacked, but not to the degree described by Chip or Christine. Or maybe I just didn’t realize it as being that big of a deal. Actually I was attacked this morning. When I woke up this morning I was feeling very depressed and angry. And I just didn’t want to do anything. I just wanted to crawl back into bed and hide. I did what I normally do, tried to work thru it on my own (life long teaching), but then realized it for what it was and out loud I said, “It is written, I am a child of God. Get away from me you lousy devil! Leave me alone!”. I instantly felt better, but was tired. I feel like I’ve been beat.

This week has been horrible for me. My mom is getting worse and dialysis doesn’t start until 12/6. Thanksgiving day was ok for me, but not really. Does that make sense? Mom was really tired and went to bed early. I was so tired or wired that I couldn’t sleep, but not in a good way. When I went to check on my mom in the morning, she looked just like my granddad did when he died. The facial expression, the little pouty mouth. And it didn’t look like she was breathing. I realized it was just Satan trying to deceive me into thinking she was dead by making me “see” something that wasn’t really there. The internet has been only an off and on thing all week (someone came and fixed it today) and I have been feeling discouraged about not spending the time with God I know I should and being on face book too much. And I have started feeling discouraged about the unemployment. I remembered a saying “an idle mind is the devils playground”. That has been me and he has been working it.

I pray peace and blessings over you all :)

• Angie says

Lisa, I’m praying for you and your mother. It sounds like you are being bombarded right now with circumstances but remember the victory is already won. Stand firm. I’m praying for a major breakthrough for you!

5. Sue D. says

1.Does a full frontal attack seem hard to believe? Why or why not? No, and yes, I have experienced it, know others who have and then denial rears its ugly head.
    2.What game plan do you need to put into practice in order to in order to fill your mind with the truth? (page 138)I have made a lot of headway into memorizing scripture over the past few years, still have a ways to go and need discernment and courage.
    3.If someone were to evaluate you on how well you have mastered your weapon-the Word of God-what would the evaluation say? (page 144)I have no idea.
    4.Have you ever experienced a full frontal attack? How did you respond? How did the enemy respond?(page 144)
    Yes, many times. Sometimes I have been able to stand on the word, other times not. God has got my back, I have too many experiences not to completely believe it.
    Sue D.

6. Marietta says

1.Does a full frontal attack seem hard to believe? Why or why not?

It is not hard to believe because it has been around me happening to otheres but I’ve not had one.

Be in the word! Pray often! Share with other like-minded Christians.

If I have a warning of an on-coming attack I’m skilled at searching the Word and finding answers. But in a spur of the moment situation I may know that there is an answer but not have it memorized or be able to quote it. So, I’m probably still a novice.

No, I haven’t experienced a full frontal attack. I believe that today there was the potential for one and that maybe the enemy had planned for there to be. However, I had a warning that it was coming and I prepared myself. Just before the moment arrived I received a verse that reminded me that I was prepared and that the battle is the Lord’s! I was and am very grateful.

7. Mindy says

1.Does a full frontal attack seem hard to believe? Why or why not? (page 122)

No – not at all. I’ve never experienced one, but I know those who have.

2.What game plan do you need to put into practice in order to fill your mind with the truth? (page 138)

Be in the word, be in the word, be in the word. Learn scriptures, pray, talk with my christian support, fill my mind with God and his goodness.

I had just such a test today, and my evaluation would say much room for improvement. I need to be in the word more, and learn scriptures.

No, I haven’t experienced a full frontal.

8. Renee says

1. No, it is not hard to believe. I have experienced it.
    2. Memorizing scripture, or at least having some cards with you is very important. My pastor told us it is also important to have the right verses for the right occasion. I am making my index card list, but right now I have 2 verses that work for me.
    3. If someone were to evaluate me they would say I am going down the right road. What I need to improve on is arming myself with more scripture.
    4. Answered

• Nickie says

that is what I do … I have a flip recipe card and I just go through them before I go to bed… it is so awesome when you now what it means and can share scripture to other people….

9. Angie says

1. Does a full frontal attack seem hard to believe? It’s not hard for me to believe, it’s just that I’ve never experienced an assault like this nor have I heard anyone talk about this kind of activity prior to this study so it just seems a little shocking to me.

2. What game plan do you need to put into practice in order to fill your mind with the truth? I need to memorize scripture regularly and study the bible daily so that I am taking in God’s Word constantly. I also need to apply God’s Word to me and my life personally because it is for me also, not just for others.

3. If someone were to evaluate you on how well you have mastered your weapon-the Word of God-what would the evaluation say? The evaluation would say that I am still at a beginner’s level with my weapon.

4. Have you ever experienced a full frontal attack? No I haven’t.

10. says

1. Does a full frontal attack seem hard to believe? Before reading this book, it seemed hard to believe. When it happened to me I did not know how I caused it or why Satan wanted to torment me. More importantly, I did not know how to respond. Since reading the book, I wanted others to be familiar with what I did not know.

2. What game plan do you need to put into practice in order to in order to fill your mind with the truth? I’ve been reading scripture and leading bible studies to strengthened my shield of faith. After reading this book, I’ve decided to write out the scripture verses listed on page 130 and carry those with me in my handbag so I can memorize them.

3. If someone were to evaluate you on how well you have mastered your weapon-the Word of God-what would the evaluation say? It would say “Christine managed to defeat the enemy on her first full frontal attack, yet her skills were weak and her knowledge of the invisible war was lacking. With continued attention to her battle gear and extensive study of the Word, she’ll excel in the war and lead others in victory as well”

4. Have you ever experienced a full frontal attack? How did you respond? How did the enemy respond? Yes, I wrote a blog post about this. Read My Full Frontal Spiritual Attack