Week five of Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted by Priscilla Shirer is certainly one that makes us think. It should make us prayerfully take a look at our own lives to see if we are obeying God, even in the seemingly small things. As I watched the video and worked through the material, I felt God pressing on me the urgency of this message. God does not look for perfect people that can handle things on their own. If that was the case, we would all be in big trouble. God looks for people who are willing to be obedient in both the large and small things. When God has someone who is obedient, He works supernaturally to do great miracles! It is God’s grace and power that should be seen in a situation, not ours.
God allows us to be in seemingly impossible circumstances facing impossible challenges. Not because He wants to hurt us or watch us fail. It is the opposite. He wants to use our weakness and our messes for His glory! Isn’t that an incredible thought? That Divine Interruption you are facing; God will use it. His power is made perfect in our weakness (2 Cor. 12:9). All He asks is that you are obedient. When other people see God’s power in us and through us, it is an amazing testimony of God. I pray this week that you will seek God and ask for His help so that His power will be made perfect in your weakness. Let your life be a living testimony!
Note: These Carol Kent books, mentioned by Priscilla Shirer in the audio/video session, are highly recommended:
A New Kind of Normal (currently on sale $8.00 at Amazon!)
We welcome any prayer needs from the group and ask that you will print a copy of the prayers, place them, in your workbook and pray for these women. If you have a prayer request for our prayer wall, please click here.
Priscilla Shirer Quotes
- Evangelism is not something we do, it is a way to live.
- I’ve become used to God’s allowing me to be outmatched. It seems that this is His way: putting regular people in circumstances that are beyond their own capabilities.
- Your Father has enough GRACE to sustain, keep and use you.
- He paves a pathway to victory as long as we simply walk in obedience.
- My insecurities don’t absolve me of responsibility.
This Week’s Scripture Verses-NASB
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Matt 28:19 (The Great Commission)
And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness ” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 2 Cor 12:9
The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” Deut 31:8
and he said, “Listen, all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat: thus says the LORD to you, ‘Do not fear or be dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours but God’s. 2 Chron 20:15
For Next Week
- Read Week Six, pages 129-150 in the workbook
- Listen to the Session Six Audio (optional)
- OR…Listen to the Session Six Video (optional)
Group Discussion- Answer one question or as many as you like
- On page 107, you listed some ways you can make disciples as you go about your daily routine. What can you intentionally do during the day to make disciples?
- As you consider your own group of Ninevites, what challenges or difficulties do you face? (page 110)
- What are your concerns about sharing God’s word with others? (page 119)
- On page 120, Priscilla created a list of scripture verses for ministering to others. What verses do you use in similar situations?
Laying Down My Life,