New Online Bible Study Starts April 19th 2010

Ready for Spring? We are too… we’re ready to start a new Bible Study here at the online Bible Cafe. Our new study will begin on Monday April 19, so please order your workbooks today. Workbooks are available from Lifeway Stores. This is a 6-week study. Each day you’ll receive an email announcement about the study, so be sure to subscribe to this blog by email (upper right corner of the blog).

Please join us as we study:

If I told you how this study was selected, you’d cry. What I can share with you is that God is leading us, deeper in faith, through the study of  One in a Million by Priscilla Shirer. His voice is not gently calling us….His voice us shouting at us…and He wants us here, with Him, in this workbook. Feel like crying?

One in a Million is about an exploration of the Israelites’ journey through the wilderness. Priscilla Shirer encourages participants to fully engage in the abundant life God has waiting for those who will allow Him to take the lead in daily living. One in a Million is an opportunity for you to experience your deliverance from strongholds, to conquer your wilderness living, and to claim your God-given inheritance. Source: Lifeway

Unlike last session, we’ll only run one study in Spring, so we’ll all reading the same lesson. Christine will lead the lesson with daily blog posts.

One in a MillionResources for our Spring Bible Study

*Make sure you purchase the Bible Study workbook published by Lifeway, there are TWO versions of this book

If you’re reading One in a Million with us, starting April 19, then please post an introduction below. We’d like to know:

• Your first name
  • Where you live
  • Describe ONE pair of shoes from your closet (color, style, size, where they’ve been…)

Get a workbook and join us!

• Marie says:

Hi! I am new to this blog and I am excited to get started. My name is Marie and I live in Petal, Mississippi, which is about an hour and a half from Jackson and 2 hours from New Orleans.

A pair of shoes I have in my closet that I cannot get rid of are a pair of Timberland boots that I have had since high school. They’ve been through some of the most trying times with me. I was wearing them when I escaped from my burning house during my senior year of high school. I also wore them on two different relief trips to the Mississippi Gulf Coast in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Needless to say, they are very dear to me.

Any advice for a newbie?

• Jeanne Heinrichs says:

I am from San Jose, CA and looking forward to joining this group. My book is on the way and I should get it any day now so I can catch up. I accidently bumped into this Cafe and still trying to figure it out. My favorite shoes has to be my old dirty white tennies. I put them on every single morning to start my day in. These are the magic shoes that are helping me to lose my weight.

• Shirley Walker says:

if there helping you lose weight send them my way lol

• Shirley Walker says:

Hi I am Shirley Walker and I am from Mt. Airy, MD where it is still country. My favorite pair of shoes are red with a little high heel and a gold buckle and a little point to the toes. They were my dress shoes. They have been everywhere with me for years. From WVA to SC to FLA. I loved those shoe just enough heel to be pretty but not enough to make your feet hurt after wearing them from awhile. This year they have starting coming apart at the seams just like my life has for about the last 15 years. I need to take them in to see if the can be healed just like I need to let God heal me.

• Kim says:

My name is Kim and I live in AL. My home church is doing this study, but I will not be able to attend due to work conflicts. My favorite shoes are a pair of slip on crocs. I never thought I would like them, but they are my weekend go-to pair. I love how I can get them completely covered in mud and dirt and wash them clean in just a few minutes – kinda like we were made clean by the blood of Christ.

• lynda says:

■Your first name – lynda
    ■Where you live – Northern California
    ■Describe ONE pair of shoes from your closet (color, style, size, where they’ve been…)
    Black and White spectator pumps, size 7, and they’ve never been anywhere except my closet. I always thought they looked so smart and indeed, they are very classy looking…. I just have never worn them. OH WAIT – I DID wear them once…. JUST remembered – I had a black and white skirt and jacket ensemble that I bought for my mom’s funeral 24 years ago and I think I wore them with that – one time. OK – so they’ve been out of the closet once.

I’d wear them again but I’m not sure they are in style any more…. I’ll try to get a picture of them and let you girls tell me what you think. I know if I ask my daughter she’ll scream and say in the most horrified voice she can find “NO – Don’t EVER show me those again!!!” But she’s 12 so I’m not sure she can appreciate a good pair of pumps. 🙂

• Michelle says:

Hello! My name is Julie and I live in Northern California. My favorite pair of shoes are an unslightly pair of black Nike running shoes. I have logged in some serious miles in those things! They have been the means to amazing conversations with God.

• Rosalyn says:

Hi my name is Rosalyn and I am from Baltimore, Maryland. My favorite shoes are my skechers shape ups. They are like walking on cushions(after you get used to the rock):) Plus they help to shape you up. I look forward to the Bible study. I am open and ready to learn. Be blessed!!!!

I’ll need to get those, just got a treadmill back into my home.. Cleaned a space for it…now I can shape up.

• Dawnita says:

Hi, I’m Dawnita from Georgia. I’m very excited about this bible study. I’m a mom of 5 sons, so my shoes are football, soccer, basketball,track, and Kroger friendly!!

Wow…so many Sons. That must make you a strong women to chase after them so much. I’ve got two daughters. One likes to steal my shoes. She only left me with these ugly “shepherd” boots. Not that the beautifull weather is here, I can wear bare feet. Had to wear bare feet to dump the trash last night…it was so hot.

• Bindy says:

Hi, I’m Bindy from Lakeland, FL. My favorite pair of shoes are my black MaryJane Crocs. I wear them whenever I can, as they are sooooo comfortable, and they don’t look like the original crocs, so I can fool myself into thinking I’m somewhat stylish 🙂 It’s the best of both worlds!!! Can’t wait to see what the Lord has in store for me, and all of us, in this Bible study!! Thanks, Christine, for the time put in to facilitate and lead us.

• Anna says:

Hi my name is Anna. I live in Alabama on a beautiful lake. My favorite pair of shoes depends on what I’m doing. For work as a office nurse, my mesh Merrills keep my feet cool and comfy with their soft sole and good support. For playing with my dogs or peddling my boat around, my Crocs are #1.

• Julie says:

• Christy says:

Hi everyone! My name is Christy and I’m from Petal, Mississippi. I’m about 1.5 hours from the Gulf Coast, 2 hours from Mobile, 1.75 hours from our state capital, and 2 hours from New Orleans, so this area is known as the Hub City. I’ve worn many shoes over my lifetime because I absolutely love shoes. I just don’t spend a lot of money on them. My favorite is a pair of brown yellow box flip flops. They are incredibly comfortable and look nice, too.

• Kimberly Johnson says:

I’m interested in joining in the Apr 19 Bible Study, but I haven’t ordered the book. If I order it today and get it a on the 21 or 22, is that ok?

Come join us when you get the workbook. You can catch-up or read at your own pace….we’ll be here waiting.

• Shelley G says:

Just ordered book! Glad to join in on this study too! Been doing them all. It is so nice to have a place that keeps it going. 🙂

• Linda says:

Hi,
    My name is Linda, I live in Western North Carolina. When I was a little girl I use to dream, about having a red pair of shoes. I thought, they were so beautiful. But, now I look at red shoes, and I guess my taste has changed!
    I’m new to this, online Bible Study, and I’m looking forward to studying the word of God.
    Thank you!

I’m Susan, from Chesapeake, Virginia . . .and my favorite shoes are actually my slippers! I love them because they are soft and comfortable and because when I out them on it means I am at home – -where I feel safe, loved, protected, where I can get rest! after a busy day of work, church, and running errands, they are just what I need!

Hi, My name is Angie and I live in upper east Tennessee. Wow what one pair of shoes to describe…I gues it would be one of my many pair of flip flops. They are brown leather and the most comfortable. They go everywhere that I have to wear something on my feet. They have been to my grandfather’s farm in MI and to the the warm sunny beaches of NC (in my hands while on the beach).

• Jackie says:

Hi,
    My name is Jackie and I live in Charleston, S.C. I have not attended a Bible study for several years, and am happy to be able to attend one online. My mother, who lives in Atlanta, is going to be joining the study, also. I know it will enrich both of our lives, and give us something to share. Oh, about my shoes….my 6 year old Dansko clogs that I bought for work at the hospital. I still wear them to work and in the cold weather, as they are so comfortable and go with anything!

I was absent from Bible study and church for years Jackie….look what God has done with me now! I crave Him, I crave my alone time with Him and I crave learning the Word. That’s a healthy craving for me-LOL! Welcome to you and your Mom!

• Jean says:

Hi, Jackie! I’m from SC as well. Looking forward to sharing in this Bible study1

• Vicki Sorrells says:

My name is Vicki and I live in Texas. I have quite a few pairs of shoes but my favorite pair is my black (w/colored polka dots) flip flops. They have become my best friend and I look forward to putting them on after work or anytime I change into my jeans and other comfortable clothes. Looking forward to the study – ordered my book this morning.

• notmensa says:

Hi everyone! Em here from sunny Sydney, Australia!

I stumbled on this site a few days ago, picked up Priscilla’s book today, and ready to go!

Shoes… well… I did a very happy dance the day my doctor told me I should never wear heels because I had terribly flat feet and bunions. Broke my mother’s heart – she’d apparently ‘always imagined’ me in, I don’t know, something completely not-functional for my very active life. I keep telling her ‘function is beauty’ (I’m an engineer).

Anyways, I’m currently loving a pair of grey, pale blue and celery green Asics trail shoes – feminine *and* oh-so-functional. 🙂

• Christine Mendoza says:

Hello – My name is Christine! I live in Beautiful Colorado Springs, CO.
    When we moved here 7 years ago I had a closet full of heels and swore I would never buy a pair of “Colorado Shoes” as I called them. Colorado Shoes are rugged, unflattering, outdoor type shoes usually sold at places like REI.
    Well it happened, I finally bought at pair in January and now they are all I wear. My Colorado Shoes are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. My heels haven’t moved in weeks and when I do wear them my feet scream at me.

• Jean says:

Hi! My name is Jean, and I live in sunny South Carolina, 14 miles from Myrtle Beach. I depend on the Lord constantly as I teach middle school students in a high-poverty area, and we have so much fun! I am also a minister of music in a small church, and I love worshiping God!

I love shoes . . . lots of colors, shapes, and descriptions, but I wear a really ugly pair most often during this time of year: garden clogs! I am a flower fanatic, with daylilies of every color, size and shape being my favorite. I spend as much time as possible going from flower bed to flower bed, pulling the weeds and tending my “babies”, all the while wearing my navy blue, rubber garden clogs. They aren’t beautiful but they save my feet from the dirt so I can wear my pretty shoes everywhere else!

• Brenda says:

Hello, I am Brenda. A very Proud woman from Illinois. I am so thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for without him, well lets just say..I would be in much worse shape than I am now. By the grace of God, I have made it through some heartbreaking circumstances that for many people with out God on there shoulders would have crumbled. But, with Gods help, and the beautiful help of Christine and many others here on the net. I survived. I am very busy working on @HOPE4ACURE09 (my mom n sister are survivors of cancer) and I have lost other family as well as best friends. So with the guidance of Jesus and the help of a dear friend this year we built a site totally dedicated for those affected by cancer or any terminal illness and I welcome anyone to share their stories and allow us to pray for them. I am excited to work with Christine and learn from her.

• Kristin says:

I’m Kristin from Houston. If you look in my closet, you’ll see a few pairs of heels and tons of flip flops (a staple here in the south)! Excited about joining this study.

• Nikki says:

Hello My name is Nikki I live in Sammamish Washington it’s about 20 minutes east of Seattle. I own 2 pairs of shoes my easy to slip on pink crocs! I loves these but with our weather here my feet get wet alot. I also have my feet friendly tennis shoes. I look forward to meeting other’s from this study! God Bless you all!

• Anita says:

I’m Anita from Oxon Hill, Md. I don’t have a favorite pair of shoes. I’d say they are all my favorite. I usually buy shoes to fit what I wear. When I travel I have a different shoe for each day. (Lord help me). These feet are size 8 1/2. They have been so many places. From the East Coast to the West Coast. Throughout the Carribeans to parts of Mexico, Mazatlan being the farthest.
    I am so looking forward to joining you this time around. Will you tell me how the study is done?
    Thanks a bunch

• Jill says:

My name is Jill, I live in Southern California known for sandy beaches, snowy mountains and shake-rattle-and-roll! I’m not a big shoe girl, if you open my closet you’ll find several pairs of Uggs in various colors. These are my winter foot attire. For summer, I’m all about flip-flops.

Looking forward to the study, this is my first try here, so be kind to the newbies!!

Jill

• Charmaine says:

Hi, I’m Charmaine and I’m in Nashville, Tn.
    ***I have a pair of tan Herman Survivor boots my husband gave me over 25 years ago for Christmas. They come out of the closet for special occasions. Big snow storms,hikes (did almost 10 mile hike in them once)where you might get into little streams or things like that. They are pretty heavy to wear so I try to go as long as I can before I have to put them on cause they’re so hard to get off. LOL One thing neat about them that I did not realize til this question is that I have worn them to walk all four of my dogs at one time in the snow which spans at least a 20 year period.

• Kesha says:

My name is Kesha and I live in Pensacola, Florida! 3 things my city is known for: Hurricanes ,Sugar white Beaches : ) and unpredictable weather! Shoes,Shoes and more shoes,if you consider flip flops a shoe?!?! Just like food is comfort for the soul…flip flops are comfort for my sole : ) lol
    I have them in all colors and styles. They are all around me from my car, under my desk at work and in several places in my home.

Flipping over flip flops,

Kesha

• Tonesha says:

Ok I am new at this. What do I need to subscribe to to get involved in this study? Once I know what to do I can get it going. I am married with two boys and reside in GA. I have a pair of combat boots that have seen the sands of Iraq & Kuwait.

All you need to do is subscribe by email, the link is at the top right column of this blog. When the study begins, you’ll see updates and discussion questions. Be sure to order your book from Lifeway. The audio/video sessions are not required to participate in the online study. So bring your boots…and join us!!!

• Tonesha says:

AWESOME. I picked up my book yesterday. Can’t wait to get started!!!!

• lynda says:

Thank you for serving our country Tonesha. Are you still active? What branch are you in?

Hello I am Angie from Denver, North Carolina. 🙂 I actually have a favorite pair of flip flops I wear all the time. They conformed to my feet and go everywhere. From walking the dog to work. They have been on every vacation and trip since purchase, from my cruise to no-mans land of Mississippi. Seen snow and beaches, mountains and mud puddles (ugh). Very very comfortable. Had them since 2006, so its time to replace them and having a very hard time doing so. Gotta find another perfect pair. Not sure there will be such a thing.

• Peggy says:

I’m Peggy, from Minnesota but live in Mexico. It looks like a great study! I just have a question… is the book what you need or the workbook or both?

I know I’m suppose to share but not sure if I can join… my shoes consist of plastic like sandals, we call “chanclas”… I have in blue & black and wear everywhere do they have been in MN, Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and these states in Mexico… Sonora and Sinaloa. Through wilderness, deserts, MN lakes and pine forests, to walking the beaches to climbing through the mountains to the showers (because you have to wear something on your feet) Ugly and no support…but so comfy…however as you must know that also means my foot has spread out and will probable not fit in a high heel or regular shoe again.

Welcome Peggy! All you need is the “Member Book” from Lifeway.

Laughing so hard about those shoes!

I’m Christine and I’m from Northern California. I have the ugliest shoes in my closet, a gift from my daughter and husband. Last year he took her shopping and my 10-yr old convinced Dad that I needed boots. She thought that she would “gift” them to me, then borrow them. Later she found out her feet are bigger than mine-LOL.

So they bought me these hideous brown boots, complete with faux-fur trim in a contrasting color. UGLY! So ugly, I’ve been wearing them daily during the winter season. It’s like having a Snuggie on my feet. If you see a California Mom with ugly boots, that’s me!

• lynda says:

Seriously Christine – those are the most popular foot wear around the pool in the winter. Or anywhere else in Northern California for that matter. I see them all the time and even have a pair of knock-offs. I’m sure they look fabulous!

Share a comment with our readers!