Introductions for the Voice of God Bible Study

Bible Cafe Introductions

Welcome to the Women’s Bible Cafe, where we gather to read and study the Word of God. Our next study begins on February 22, 2010 and is Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer.This is a six-week study and you will be participating from mid February until the first week of April…right up to Easter.

We usually have 40-50 women participate in each online Bible study, and it’s always fun to get to know each other before we begin. Introductions are optional, but lots of fun if you decide to participate. Just before we begin our study on February 22 we will post a summary of “who we are” to let you know more about this online small group.

How to Participate

• This is a small group study and there is no cost to join the online Bible Cafe.  You need to purchase your own workbook for the study, available from Lifeway stores. We support our ministry with sponsor ads and do not profit from this website.
  • Order the workbook version of  Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer and not the book version.
  • If your order online, allow 7-10 days for shipping from the time you place the order.
  • Audio and video sessions are optional, about $4 to $3 per session you download.

Introduce Yourself

• Your first name or a pseudo-name
  • Your state or country
  • Your favorite childhood game

It is fun to know more about each other in the small group study, so we’d like to know the answer to this question:

What is your favorite childhood game?

• rmv says:

Hi m rmv I am very jeen on thus study

• ottman says:

Hello, i am from louisiana and my favorite childhood game is checkers.

• Charmaine says:

Glad you’re here Linda. We have quite a few Texans here. Hope you enjoy the study.

• Linda says:

I have actually had this site bookmarked on my blog for a while, but this is my first time to participate. I have been looking for a new Bible study that will fit my schedule. My name is Linda and I live in Amarillo, Tx. My favorite childhood games always involved my sister. We played outside a lot making pretend houses and mud pies. Inside we played Barbies. We also played Monopoly and Sorry.

Welcome Linda, we’re thankful you’re joining us and growing together in faith! I had a great time with mud pies too…thank you for bringing back those memories.

• Lil says:

Dear Charmaine,
    I was hoping I could join since, I have the member book already:). I currently live in Southern California but I have no idea if that will change based on God’s leading for a job. I’m excited to join since I will moving and job searching and the online format is perfect. My favorite childhood game was any puzzles or memory you know where you try to match up the pictures I really liked those.

• Charmaine says:

Glad you’ll be joining us. If you haven’t gotten your workbook as of yet see the Discerning God–Before We Start blog. Hope you enjoy it!!

• Tammy says:

Hi my name is Tammy and I live in N.C. and grew up in Mass. I am also new to this type of bible study (online) but I have been yearning interaction with other christian women and growing in the Lord.
    I am looking forward to the study Discerning the Voice of God.
    My favorite game as a child was dress-up and setting up tea parties for my dolls.

• Stephanie says:

HI, my name is Stephanie. I live in Springtown TX. I have always enjoyed the out doors so my favorite game was hide and seek. I am really excited about this bible study. Nice meeting you all.

• Charmaine says:

Hi Emily,
    I’ve never played Jenga. Remember seeing it advertised on TV when I was younger. Thanks for joining us in the study.

• Emily says:

I’m very excited to join this online bible study. My favorite childhood game was coincidentally Candyland as well, but I also loved Jenga and Guess Who?

• Vicki says:

My name is Vicki and I am from Texas. Hard to pick one favorite childhood game – but a few are jacks, Monopoly & softball. Looking forward to the study – this is my 2nd time w/the Bible Cafe. Thanks Charmaine for leading this study.

• shelly says:

definately hopscotch! loved being outside as much as possible — still do.
    I’m looking forward to trying an online study — haven’t done it before…

• Charmaine says:

So glad you’re back Pam. You can print Week one on the info page for the study. Hopefully you’ll get your workbook by then–you should since we don’t actually start til next week. I think this is gonna be a great study. We used to have a wooden toboggan that all four of us kids could get on and I even squeezed my puppy in between us and we would go flying down the hill in the snow. Remember hitting a few pine trees too. LOL

• Pam says:

Hi Again! Well, the last study was so heavy that I thought I’d take a break, but the title of this one intrigued me, and I already have the book, (hadn’t read it as yet), so decided this was what I needed to get me to read the book and do the workbook. I live in California, native Minnesotan, though, and favorite summer game was hide and seek, and winter game was sledding in the hills behind our house. Looking forward to new study, and great to see Charmaine leading… a new role for her online, but she’s got a great blog, check it out ladies. (I also just ordered workbook today, so will probably be behind, but will catch up with the daily readings online.)

• Kharyzma says:

My name is Kharyzma and I livew in Maryland, right outside of the District of Columbia. I am excited aabout this study and the fellowship. My favorite childhood game was Trouble. My sister and I used to play quietly at night when we were supposed to be sleeping. :o)

• Charmaine says:

So glad you found the Bible Cafe for Women. If you will look at the blog titled Discerning the Voice of God – Starts Feb 22 you can print week 1. You will need the book in order to receive everything from this class. Have you checked with Lifeway yet to see how soon you can get it? Lifeway is a very good organization but I’m not sure about their International shipping. The audio and video that goes with the class can be downloaded from their web-page. http://www.lifeway.com/e9/shop/?id=001315096.
    We definitely want you to join us. I am so glad that you are seeking God and His truth as compared to the New-Age movement. Please come back & give us an update. God bless!!

• Lizelle says:

I’d love to join this study group, but I’m from abroad (South Africa) and there’s not enough time to order the workbook…is it ok to participate without it?

I’m a 26 year old wife and mother to a 10 month old baby girl. Two weeks ago God stepped into my life in an amazing way…I was so caught up and misled by new age stuff etc. I was about to get a divorce and my life was falling apart.

One of my life’s goals now to learn everything about God’s Word that I can and that is why I am here…

• Karen says:

Hi, my name is Karen. I live in Virginia Beach but grew up in Vermont. My favorite childhood game was Candy Land, Don’t Break the Ice or anything outside. I am new to Bible Cafe but I am very excited to be starting this Bible Study.

• JOYCE says:

Hi I’ excited about finding this study. I am unable to go out much and have been praying for a bible study to do at home wow that was a quick answer to a talk with God!

• Michele says:

Hi, I am new and curious from Northern VA. This study looks fantastic and very do-able. My favorite childhood game was setting up imaginary doll-worlds. The actual doll-play was less fun; they were too limiting and stiff–but loved setting up their houses, schools, and workplaces with all manner of throwaway boxes, bits of cloth, etc that found their way into my playroom!

• Charmaine says:

Hi Michele
      Welcome to Bible Cafe for Women. Glad you found us. I just got my study book yesterday and it looks good.

• Becky says:

I’m new to this type of study (online) but I think it will fit into my hectic life. I home school my 17 yr. old son and my 11 yr. old daughter. I am anxious to get help in discerning the voice of God. My favorite game as a child was double dutch jump rope…secondly it would be playing jacks

• Charmaine says:

So glad you’re here Sophie. Yes, you are right–this is the signup page. In case you haven’t seen it you can get order info for your book, etc. on the post called “Discerning the Voice of God” dated 1/29. I played Candyland also when I was a child–seems to be the most popular of board games. Neat!

• Sophie says:

I’m new to this site and am not sure if I’m going about signing up the right way, I hope so :). Any how, My name is Sophie and I live in Massachusetts (Boston area). I just discovered the Bible Cafe and am really excited about this study. My favorite childhood game was Candy Land. 🙂

• Sandi says:

Hi~
    I’m Sandi & I live in Tellico Plains, TN. I am new to the Bible Cafe & am really looking forward to the upcoming study. Like Charmaine, my favorite childhood game was jacks. I would sit for hours on the floor, sidwalk or driveway playing. I also really liked (and still do) Yahtzee.

My name is Susan and I am from Chesapeake, VA – (today we are getting the largest snowfall for the area in the past twenty years! we were up early playing in it!0. My favorite childhood game was CandyLand! and jump rope! I am really looking forward to the new study – – it sounds great!

• Charmaine says:

We played jump rope a lot too. I don’t know how long it took me to jump in when you had one on one end and one on the other turning the rope.
      Glad you’re joining the study.

I’m Christine, from California near San Francisco. I loved childhood games, and it seems the game of tag was always my favorite. I liked being outdoors and running around in my neighbors yards, swinging on weeping willow trees and doing anything I could not to be tagged “it.” What fun memories. My favorite board game was CandyLand… I think I liked the artwork and colors LOL.

• Charmaine says:

I will start the introductions. My name is Charmaine and I will be leading this study. I welcome everyone and ask for your prayers. I am in Nashville, Tn and since I am much older probably than a lot of you I would say it would jacks. Spent hours at home and my little two room country schools with bells on the top of them playing jacks.

Share a comment with our readers!