The Bible has much to day about pride and we learn from scripture that God Hates Pride. Those participating in the Breaking Free Bible Study are spending an in depth look at the subject.
In our daily Bible study, we’re learning about Biblical Kings tempted with pride, the impact of pride on their lives, and the truth of scriptures.
As we study the Bible we look for direction and commands for our life. We learn through the teachings of Jesus and the writings of scripture.
There are numerous scripture verses about pride, because God hates pride. As you read through the list, post a comment about your understanding of the verse on pride or being proud.
Below you’ll find a collection of 25 scripture verses about pride. If you’d like to add a special verse to the list, please email the blog author.
25 Scripture Verses on Pride
- I will break down your stubborn pride. Leviticus 26:19
- The pride of your heart has deceived you, you who live in the clefts of the rocks and make your home on the heights, you who say to yourself, ‘Who can bring me down to the ground?’ Obadiah 1:3
- His pride led to his downfall. He was unfaithful to the LORD his God. 2 Chronicles 26:16
- In his pride the wicked does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God. Psalm 10:4
- For the sins of their mouths, for the words of their lips, let them be caught in their pride. Psalm 59:12
- When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. Proverbs 11:2
- Pride only breeds quarrels, but wisdom is found in those who take advice. Proverbs 13:10
- Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18
- A man’s pride brings him low, but a man of lowly spirit gains honor. Proverbs 29:23
- The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride. Ecclesiastes 7:8
- The eyes of the arrogant man will be humbled and the pride of men brought low; the LORD alone will be exalted in that day. Isaiah 2:11
- I will punish the world for its evil, the wicked for their sins. I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty and will humble the pride of the ruthless. Isaiah 13:11
- Babylon, the jewel of kingdoms, the glory of the Babylonians’ pride, will be overthrown by God like Sodom and Gomorrah. Isaiah 13:19
- The LORD Almighty planned it, to bring low the pride of all glory and to humble all who are renowned on the earth. Isaiah 23:9
- But when his heart became arrogant and hardened with pride, he was deposed from his royal throne and stripped of his glory. Daniel 5:20
- “Do not go beyond what is written.” Then you will not take pride in one man over against another. 1 Corinthians 4:6
- Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, for each one should carry his own load. Galatians 6:4
- Your heart will become proud and you will forget the LORD your God. Deuteronomy 8:14
- Unleash the fury of your wrath, look at every proud man and bring him low. Job 40:11
- Though the LORD is on high, he looks upon the lowly, but the proud he knows from afar. Psalm 138:6
- The LORD detests all the proud of heart. Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished. Proverbs 16:5
- Better to be lowly in spirit and among the oppressed than to share plunder with the proud. Proverbs 16:19
- Before his downfall a man’s heart is proud, but humility comes before honor. Proverbs 18:12
- The LORD Almighty has a day in store for all the proud and lofty, for all that is exalted (and they will be humbled). Isaiah 2:12
- Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 1 Corinthians 13:4
Source: www.BibleGateway.com -NIV Version